• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Christmas 2009 (Construction/Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
Last year I had plans for this year's edition, but with the changes 2.0 brought, those plans need to be put on hold. So this year will include something different that will reveal itself upon release. This year the plan is to port last year's mod to 2.0.

Changes to be made from last year's edition:
Drillakilla downgraded to the 2007 edition's version due to the new shield system.
buttons finally replaced with linedef triggers.
Egghead's firing rate to be toned down.
Adding Megamix Emerald Coast to the Megamix preview
Bringing back Remix mode's Emerald coast.
Classic mode reverts to a bit of demo .96's level, Springing around's lights are going to be left alone here, but not in SRB2TP. Eggbase's Water springs are left alone.
Robotnik will be using his 2.0 sprites

Here is what's done so far:
srb20163-1.png
yes those are 1.09.4 Crawlas
srb20164-1.png

srb20168.png

Last edited:
So what about Minus? I assume he's going to use his old sprites and act the same for the original mode, but what about the Megamix? Is he going to use your sprites, or the new 2.0 ones? And is he going to act the same as he does in Original mode, or will he use the new variety, which is what he was for in the first place? Speaking of Megamax, will it use the old 1.09 Crawlas or the new ones? Being that Megamix is an "update" of sorts, I expect the newer sprites, but whatever. And will you tone down the Eggheads or whatever they're called? They were REALLY annoying in Megamix, so could you at least make em slower or tone down the firing rate and/or the amaout of them in the stages? They're more of pests than anything else. And what about Drillakilla? Is he gonna look the same or have an update sprite set for Megamix to match the new Crawlas (if they're used)?

Last edited:
So what about Minus? I assume he's going to use his old sprites and act the same for the original mode, but what about the Megamix?
Is he going to use your sprites, or the new 2.0 ones? And is he going to act the same as he does in Original mode, or will he use the new variety, which is what he was for in the first place?
Megamix will see all 3 Minuses. In Megamaix, anything using a pre2.0 look will be featured in Frozen Battery MGX like how the RMX version of the level did

Speaking of Megamax, will it use the old 1.09 Crawlas or the new ones? Being that Megamix is an "update" of sorts, I expect the newer sprites, but whatever.
Megamix will be using the 2.0 badniks for all levels. Frozen Battery MGX will be the only one that throws in the old sets.

And will you tone down the Eggheads? They were REALLY annoying in Megamix, so could you at least make em slower or tone down the firing rate and/or the amaout of them in the stages? They're more of pests than anything else.
Seeing as I still have time to do that, and it's a quick fix, sure. They will have their fireing rate toned down

And what about Drillakilla? Is he gonna look the same or have an update sprite set for Megamix to match the new Crawlas (if they're used)?
Drillakilla will have new sprites, but not this year. Drillakilla, along with Flybot (ansistor to the Crawla Commander and Jetty-syn Gunner), and Egghead will be recieving new sprites that will first appear in Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past. Weather or not Drilla get's 2.0 style sprites is another matter. Chances are they will be 1.09.4 style.

Quick note: the Full megamix mode will not be present this year. Only 2 levels will be in the mode. If I'm luckly to have enough time, maybe 3.

Edit: Progress
srb20003-1.png

srb20006.png
Weird how the above picture blends into this one.
srb20009-1.png
picture remake.
srb20000.png

Currently up to 13 fully converted levels. Level Conversion started on the 6th.

Last edited:
I really disliked playing this in v1.09.4.
Are you going to do any changes and improvements at all, or keep the levels as they are?

The only changes are, or are going to be listed in the first post. Any change I'm not certain about will be found on my wiki page.

I shoulda seen this coming. :)

EDIT: Please, NO ANNOYING CHRISTMAS SONGS OR I WILL GO MAD.

Then this mod is not for you, srb23658, because as D00D64 said, this mod uses Christmas music.

I meant the vocal carols that I hate. All christmas songs I do not exactly like unless there's no vocal:
Deck the halls
And that's it. >.>

This mod does not have that Carol. But it does have Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer as the credits. The words are replaced with notes though as it's a converted midi.

Ugh, I disliked this last time and I'll dislike it now. Who cares if it's retro? It sucks.

If I enjoyed this kind of historical significance then I'd simply go download the version it came with. If you were like, making your own version of things then I'd support you in this, but really, the only thing I ever see coming from you is some compilation of horrid old levels. Really, let it die. Make something new.

Hmmmmmm... Let's see... In several ways that can be taken as a flame, but I do kinda agree. Make some new levels instead of improving on old ones. (Unless you add a whole new SECTION to one) People's interests will spark at something NEW.

I am fully aware of needing to add something new to the mod. And each year the mod had received something new.

2006: demo .96 (Christmas) is ported to 1.09.4.

2007: Classic mode gets its minus back, User minus is introduced as Minvs, Remix mode is born, Egghead is unearthed from Demo .96's files and made usable (Name obtained from Badnik concept sheet), Drillakilla is brought back to life since SRB2 TGF, Green Christmas is added, Holiday Village is added, Frozen Battery is Added, Mirror Mode of Classic and Remix is added

2008: Megamix Begins as a reimagineing of the original Christmas Demo Levels. Drillakilla now damages you when attempting to jump on it (Refined in OLDC level Daimondus act 2), Motobug Introduced. Emerald Coast MGX introduced.

2009: The mod is ported to 2.0, Drillakilla either needs a new damage object due to the elemental shield being active and nullifying what made it hurt you or must not show up on maps with that shield, Classic mode is being prepped for transfer to SRB2 TP and removal from next year's version, Classic mode receives the Force shield to take the place of the whirlwind shields, Elemental Shields are brought back thanks to the unmodded game, Remix mode made available from the start with a 2d mode selector map, Possible Blustery Day MGX added if there is enough time before the deadline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back