ThatGuy1991

HI Guys, A Race track from Sonic's Gameworld?. how cool is that?
took a whole time to make it. but now ready for download.
used the track from greenhill zone.

Attachments

• kart0285.jpg
    kart0285.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,483
  • kart0285.jpg
    kart0285.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,536
  • kart0286.jpg
    kart0286.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 1,495
  • kart0286.jpg
    kart0286.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 1,568
  • kart0287.jpg
    kart0287.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,090
  • kart0287.jpg
    kart0287.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,189
  • kart0288.jpg
    kart0288.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 947
  • kart0288.jpg
    kart0288.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 960
  • kart0290.jpg
    kart0290.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 737
  • kart0290.jpg
    kart0290.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 752
  • kart0291.jpg
    kart0291.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 640
  • kart0291.jpg
    kart0291.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 680
  • kart0292.jpg
    kart0292.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 552
  • kart0292.jpg
    kart0292.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 601
  • KR_SonicGameWorld_v1.03.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 904
Last edited:
I suppose this can go into releases... But uh... I ain't got the time to review this properly, but it technically works. To learn how to make a proper minimap, currently, the information can be found on the Kart Krew discord server in the #tutorial-and-guideliness channel. I'll see if we can put it on the wiki too.

The fact that all of your screenshots are of the same area, combined with Kiylo's image from above, is...
Telling.

My suggestion would be to focus on all parts of the map equally, lest you create a jarring contrast between the detailed areas and the rest of the map that actively disturbs the player. It's kind of like putting Red and Cyan next to each other. Sure, both are pretty intense and kind of grating already, but putting them together definitely does nothing but exacerbate the issue. Salt in a wound? Bullet in a paper-cut. ... actually, maybe the first but definitely not the second.

The theming the City(?) Area is also confusing, what with the megablock and city aesthetics conflicting so harshly. I'd definitely either make textures that explicitly combine the two, or alternatively just pick one over the other.

More track based than visuals, the race seems to be composed of mostly right angles. Right angles are fine, but then when every turn is the exact same thing, it quickly becomes boring. Variety's your friend, and the curve tool is theirs.

TL;DR, this map could definitely benefit more visual consistency and more physical variety. And for the sake of all that is holy, please cut down on the GFZWALL. I'm almost begging you. Not quite, but it's pretty close. Which means you should almost definitely listen!

⭐⭐⭐➖➖

I'm going to try to keep this short and simple:

⭐️ I commend you for splitting the track off equally. Regardless of the path, it adds up to around 40 seconds per lap. (Is it just me, or do I not see that nowadays?)
⭐️ The town's physical structure is pretty ok. I stopped to look around and see that you gave it a little more detail than I thought (Even the itty-bitty things XD) <<<If you know how to use/input custom decorative objects down to a T, then you could make the place look more appealing.>>>
❌ The (Visual and Physical) design is sort of bland... <<<I'd suggest for you to try out custom textures. Although, the ones provided by kart can still do well if utilized correctly. Plus, the main (gray) road could be spiced up a little bit. Maybe try coating the sides of it with sidewalks?>>>
❌ The whole track consists of 90-Degree turns! <<<Try making smooth and curved roads. Trust me, it'll make those U-Turns in there feel more natural.>>>

Update bugfix : you can get stuck in the race map is now fixed see image below.

Attachments

• kart0293.jpg
    kart0293.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 295
Whatever this track still sucks

You know, instead of telling him "this track sucks", you could at least tell him how he could improve.

As for me, I tried the track itself, and it could use some improvements. For instance, the 90-degree corners could use some arrow signs to let players know where they should be going. You could also break the repetition of the GFZROCK texture by adding small ledges with either the texture used in the SRB2TopDown zone Checkered Mountain or the Green Hill Zone texture. There could also be billboards.

The starting area isn't a bad start in terms of scenery, but it can be better. If I may suggest: Try adding a crowd of Chao near the starting line. As for your minimap, while I do applaud you putting in the small details, it lacks a black outline like most minimaps.

Other than that, the level's not bad, but it can be better.

Last edited:
Sorry Guys I try to fix the check point problem but still not working.
Not cheating is the only way to play this race track.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back