Amy Rose is here! AmyRE Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

Unless you've been living under a virtual rock, I and other members of this community have been working a AmyR remake in the editing section for over a month now. The WAD has been changed so much from the original AmyR, that it's almost a totally new Amy WAD. :P
Today, the final version is done! :D Now for some screen shots...
srb20014-4.png

srb20020-3.png

srb20023.png

Amy also has a custom pink spin/thok trail. :)
srb20022-4.png

Special Thanks goes to:
-nitro_the_hedgehog for making her look much better and changing the way her arms move when she walks.
-zck2020 for making an excellent character select pic of Amy.
-Ground the Fox for making the tipping frames, and some of the falling down/bubble breath frames.
Now for the download link...
Mediafire
SRB2FFH
SRB2JTE compatible version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xjfojyr7wwo
!!!NEW!!! SRB2CB "Compatible" Version:
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/141AmyCB.zip
You can also download the old Alpha here...

Don't forget, there are two versions of the WAD. AmyRE1 is the main WAD, which has the custom pink spin trail.
AmyRENET.WAD excludes the spin trail soc, to avoid soc mixing with WADs that use the same slot. The WAD's idle frames are also unique from AmyRE1 and is included here for those who still want Amy to double jump and spin with her hammer.
With these two versions, we have both a Sonic Heroes style Amy and a SA style Amy. That should make sure everyone is happy with this WAD.
Enjoy.

I've had a look at all 3 of them, and I can't seem to decide which one I like best.

I like the waiting frames in AmyRE1, the character select pic in AmyRENET, the spring up sprites in both of the ones I already mentioned, and the double jump ability and spinning with her hammer for AmyRE.

I also like both of the different running frames, but I can't decide which is better...

What I don't like is the HUD in AmyRE1, since it affects all the characters' HUDs. I wouldn't want that at all, since I don't like pink that much at all...
Also, what happened to that "other" hurt frame sprite I saw a while ago? I mean the front sprite that was not used out of the 2 you posted then... I prefered that version of the sprite to the one you've used...

I just played it, wtf? There's no hammer, double jump or anything. :(

The pink HUD = no.
The SRB2 Style select pic = yes.
Thok = no.
Double jump = yes.
Hammer = yes.

zck2020 said:
I just played it, wtf? There's no hammer, double jump or anything. :(

The pink HUD = no.
The SRB2 Style select pic = yes.
Thok = no.
Double jump = yes.
Hammer = yes.

You forgot this:

Spinning as a ball = no.

And zck2020, if you read the first post again, you'll find a link to the old alpha in which she has a hammer, and double jumps.

I'm not too keen on Amy's ability and spin frame sprites... after all, she's never spun as a ball in nearly all the Sonic games she was in, except for Sonic Advance 2 (I think)... and as far as I know she hasn't done any "thokking" in any Sonic game she's in... not even anything similar.

Sonic Advance 3 had you be able to spin in a ball, certain character combo, as well as a mini air-dash thing, it was like a thok that was halved, something like actionspd 30.

Senku Niola said:
Sonic Advance 3 had you be able to spin in a ball, certain character combo, as well as a mini air-dash thing, it was like a thok that was halved, something like actionspd 30.

Does that work with a combo with Amy? I've forgotten about that thing in Sonic Advance 3 you just mentioned for a very long time...

i love your wads and, once again, you did a great job.
but there are some things i think you should fix...
-her spin...why dont you use the old spin with the hammer?
-her jump...i think she doesnt jumps in ball...

otherwise than that, it looks great ^^

Monster Iestyn said:
Senku Niola said:

Does that work with a combo with Amy? I've forgotten about that thing in Sonic Advance 3 you just mentioned for a very long time...
Sonic & Amy = Amy able to spin.
I gotta download this and rate it.

Lol, some of you guys obviously never played the official 3D games long enough to know that Amy does spin like a ball in all of them but SA. :P
I have changed the WAD, you'll need to download it again. This time, the pink HUD has been removed, AmyRENET acts just like AmyRE, but with updated graphics, and I trimmed a few lumps so both WADs save 10 kilobytes of space each. :)

Yes, Amy looks better in the boots... I prefer AmyRE1.
you do a great work in the standing sprites!

The idle hammer frames are just horride. There's nothing other than the head of the mallet just floating there..

ViluVector said:
Hey I have a problem in the JTE, Amy can´t kill the enemies!
SRB2JTE NOT SUPPORTED KTHXBAI.

If you want to play as Amy in SRB2JTE, then use Donnyku's Amy.wad (from SRB2.org). That's the only Amy that works with it, because the special attacks that Amy has there are ONLY meant for Amy.wad (considering, back in the day, it used to be the only Amy.wad for SRB2). Use anything else and expect errors.

This is the equivalent to saying "Why doesn't my Halo 3 disc work on my Nintendo Wii?". Seriously. If Halo is not made to work on a Wii, then don't bother. Same case here. Dr. Pepper's Amy isn't meant to work on SRB2JTE, so don't try it.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
The idle hammer frames are just horride. There's nothing other than the head of the mallet just floating there..
Don't you think maybe that her hand was holding onto the handle behind her hair? Bah, I went ahead and took the hammer out, as I did a sloppy job of putting it in there anyway. :P There's a new download link at the beginning of the Topic.
If anybody has any further complaints about the WAD, now would be a great time to voice it here.
I'll Begin said:
If you want to play as Amy in SRB2JTE, then use Donnyku's Amy.wad (from SRB2.org). That's the only Amy that works with it, because the special attacks that Amy has there are ONLY meant for Amy.wad (considering, back in the day, it used to be the only Amy.wad for SRB2). Use anything else and expect errors.
I'm still stumped as to why it doesn't work properly in JTE if I changed the skin and lump names, as it should be thinking AmyRE is a totally different character...

Dr.Pepper said:
I'll Begin said:
I'm still stumped as to why it doesn't work properly in JTE if I changed the skin and lump names, as it should be thinking AmyRE is a totally different character...
I tried to tell you. SRB2JTE looks for the name "Amy" in the first three letters of the name.

If you named it anything else though, like ROSE or AAMY, then it'd just be awkward.

If you must, make an SRB2JTE compatible version. Otherwise, give it up. SRB2JTE is outdated and overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back