• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ZRB2 (Z as in ZIM!!!) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

I got bored and wanted to create an Invader Zim mod pack. I canceled (put on hold to be correct) my srb2 the fighters mod because it wasn't going good...I have proof that I'm working on it! It includes three characters (maybe four). Gaz, for one will be in it. Here's a sprite. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ywsc53&s=4Next in line is DIB. Zim comes last. I'm still trying to figure out if GIR will play a role or not. Or what levels to put. I'm thinking about making "SKOOL" a match level or ctf. Zim's base will be remade into I co-op level If (I can figure out how). More sprites coming soon! (In a few minutes...)

Will you be making custom levels for this? Or just giving already made levels some sprucing of the up variety?

Ice said:
Will you be making custom levels for this? Or just giving already made levels some sprucing of the up variety?
I suppose I could do it SMS style...knaw. This is probably going to be Zrb2.exe or something...either way, Zim, Dib, and Gaz are going to be included in the beta. I'm thinking about even making JTHM and SQUEE playable characters (or at least unlockables). I'm not 100% sure what the final version is going to be like...but the characters should be finished soon.

EDIT:: And no SkyNinja, that Gaz frame is from a picture called gaz-turns. It has 5 rotations of Gaz which include the PLAYA1, PLAYA2A8, PLAYA3A7, PLAYA4A6, and PLAYA5 (no these sprites aren't from srb2 but are compatible to the doom pallete if Im not mistaken).

Eh, usually I'm not interested in mods or EXE's if there isn't any new levels attached...

Then it's technically a sprite rip. Sprite rips are frowned upon on this forum, and this topic may get locked. Try making your own sprites next time, and make them the right size, which is 64x64 pixels.

Daredevil said:
Then it's technically a sprite rip. Sprite rips are frowned upon on this forum, and this topic may get locked. Try making your own sprites next time, and make them the right size, which is 64x64 pixels.
Also don't back seat moderate next time either.

Daredevil said:
1. there IS no right size. And the size that is normally used is 70x70. Next, have you seen ZIM turns from SSN? These sprites are just like it. And Ice, Im doing all the levels with DoomBuilder, all custom made. screens on my progress.

Double post! Oh noes! *stabbed* The progress has been veeery slow lateley. I'm not even done with Gaz yet. I've started on Zim, and haven't took the time to finish him...Doom Builder...*sigh* I've been working on everything BUT the project for the past few days. Not to mention the cutscenes and etc. etc...Then the bosses, the soccing, everything that annoys me. Oh yeah, I forgot to show my progress...I'll be happy to after I upload it...

This is a GOOD reason to double post. Here's the progress on ZIM, then I'll post Gaz in an edit.
5a019h.jpg

Goober said:
Yeah I know the sprite(s) is FREAKING HUGE! Zim's are the right size though, but Gaz and Dib are gonna be in highres, which annoys me...

--UPDATE--
So far I have 2 people that are going to be helping me with the project. verifiaman and A-star. Progress will probably be going faster now since it's more than me. I'm going to do the wadding and scripting since I don't know how to soc good and doom build well. More updates coming soon!

--UPDATE 2--
3 people are now working with me on the project! Newest member is Conicpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back