F12ing a player who's using analog mode changes your camera rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_house

Also known as TemporaryAl
I couldn't reproduce it every single time, but I was in a server where everyone was using analog controls and I'm pretty sure this is what causes it. Press F12 so you're looking at a player using analog controls, and as soon as his camera faces a different direction than the character press any key to go back to your viewpoint. Half the times, this changed my cam_rotate value.

EDIT: And now, five minutes later, same steps, same server, I can't make this happen anymore. Weird.
EDIT2: After five more minutes, this happens, but only if I keep using F12 to cycle through everyone before going back to my viewpoint. Remember that everyone is using analog controls.

Last edited:
The issue is that the display player's camera rotate buttons affect cv_camrotate if you have analog mode disabled, and some numbskull long ago decided to disable that behavior normally by writing those buttons out of the ticcmd for non-analog players instead of... just disabling the code that causes it to happen. It's been known since 2.1.12, but I forgot to fix it. :E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back