Playing a demo through the console does a couple things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_house

Also known as TemporaryAl
If you start the game and immediately choose to play an .lmp demo, you get thrown back to the records menu where you aren't able to select any character but Sonic, unless you exit to the main menu and come back.

Also, this mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38682 is only partly true, as replays done in a modified game do still get saved, even if records don't, and it's possible to record replays with files that modify the game so that they will corrupt if replayed from the menu in a non-modified game.

Wouldn't it just be better to get sent back to the main menu after playing a demo from console?

I think what they are trying to convey, is it's theoretically possible to play back a demo in the console of a level you haven't unlocked, and then get thrown to the time attack menu with a selection of that very level.

As for replays desyncing from a difference of files... Unless you save the added files list in with the replay, not much will help you there. There's a reason why level packs can get their own time attack folder, so you don't get these kinds of conflicts. Besides, I don't many reasons why anyone would want to make a demo with slightly modified files, unless they were challenging another player in a specific way (e.g. Robohood)

The thread I mentioned in the first post (which now gives a 404 error) was about the possibility of accessing the record attack menu in a modified game, by playing a recorded demo and exiting it, which is clearly a bug since if you try accessing it from the regular menu it states "This cannot be done in a modified game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back