[Open Assets] SRB2Cineblast

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the issue. Kicking doesn't work properly even if the server is doing that. But yes, something like "kickownbot" would actually be a good idea.

During netgame (with multiple people) when a mapchange happens, on one user's end, every bot has been kicked like it would be, but on other user's end, one or more bots still remain, which means each players "thinks" there are diffirent number of bots running. (fixing this can only be done by verifying the one, who has still bots running after mapchange)

This not only causes major, epic, non-stop Cfail, but this is also a very weird desync issue i never saw before...

Is this normal? :S

Well here is my review on SRB2CB 0.21.
Like many people, I'm glad to see bots back. I'm also glad to see Chaos game type return. But unlike JTE's bots, CB's bots cause major movement lag in online games. Also as many people have pointed out, automatic kicking of bot's is not a good idea. So I ask you to remove that. I would also like to see some custom maps included. But over all, it's pretty nice for a beta.

I love this but based on the pictures I have seen it dosen't seem as if you guys know that you pick the bot you add AND it's color. Ex- addbot knuckles green

I love this but based on the pictures I have seen it dosen't seem as if you guys know that you pick the bot you add AND it's color. Ex- addbot knuckles green

And its name. Does anyone know how bots work anymore. Also, no one cares about names and coolours they want to see them beat the crap out of each other. :3

Naw, Names are fun too. :3 I added a SonicBot in a coop game once called "Neon" and had him follow me. Someone who hardly knew about the mod joined and kept asking Neon questions like "why r u followin garee" and stuff. It was lulzy. :P

But yeah, bots name/colour/skin should stay. :D

Post doesn't matter. If you really wanna see it, see Scizor300's quote below. But it doesn't apply anymore; Cineblast is back!

Last edited:
As of April the 21st 2010, SRB2Cineblast is abandoned, along with virtually all my other projects.

I would like to make a short listing of people who I want to thank:
BlazingPhoenix - good sport, always enjoyable to talk to
blahblahbal - helped me gain supporters, great person in general. Check out his works.
SpiritCrusher - Probably one of the most intelligent people in this community.
Alam - For still keeping Cineblast up to date with trunk, despite my failures
You, the player of Cineblast - for appreciating my work. You don't know how good it is to feel appreciated.

Other mentions: Thanks to Inuyasha for inspiration, Cue for more inspiration, JTE for obscene amounts of inspiration, Nev3r and Arf for being awesome, and many more, you know who you are.

SRB2Cineblast is now over; it has been a fun ride.

Thank you for reading this post. I will always appreciate your appreciation.

This reminds me about the time when I abandoned Greeman, except Cineblast had more support and it wasn't as shitty...

Anyways, this is a great mod, too bad you had to cancel it :<

Due to Cinefast's departure and the closure of this mod, I'm locking the topic. If you'd like more details surrounding his departure, you may view a snippet of the IRC log [here] (full log can be viewed [here])

Cinefast, if at a later date you decide you would like to continue this project, please alert one of the administrators. Otherwise, this thread is over.

Last edited:
New release - version 0.22.

Tired of CFails when netgaming with bots? This is for you. Bots are also not kicked at the end of each level now. Thanks to SpiritCrusher for identifying the problem.

Remember: get it here.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the job dood.

I've just downloaded and installed your MOD. But it's missing a "Lua52.dll" file, and I couldn't find out the file.

I just downloaded that zip.
After starting up the mod and going into secrets, there was Sonic Golf for some reason...but it crashed since there wasn't a certain map. Also, when I tried Sonic & Tails, Tails wasn't there.

I just downloaded that zip.
After starting up the mod and going into secrets, there was Sonic Golf for some reason...but it crashed since there wasn't a certain map. Also, when I tried Sonic & Tails, Tails wasn't there.
*hits Cinefast repeatedly on the head* WHAT DID YOU DO?!? Yeah, this shouldn't happen, Sonic Golf should be completely disabled, even in the secrets menu. And about the Sonic & Tails thing, that's not done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back