Least Favorite Things in SRB2

Probably the third or fourth person to say it, but DSZ boss just feels obnoxious - at least for his pinch mode. Fake balloon eggmen seem like a good idea on paper, but from what I've scrounged up actually telling which is fake on a dime is tough - especially since hitting one seems to guarantee being knocked into the water or another missile. Maybe it's a me problem, but they're similar enough for me to pretty much rely on luck to get any progress past the jerk.

Maybe if the fakes shot a different color missile, it'd be a bit better? Sure, people are gonna say it's too dead a giveaway, but at their current state the real deal and the fakes are near impossible to tell apart for a newer player until (like me) they actively troll a wiki for some answer.

Edit: just realized a thing that actually makes it easier to figure out the balloons. Huh

Last edited:
I guess it probably doesn't help the DSZ boss's case at all, but one other difference between the actual boss and the fakes are that the fakes's missiles are silent.

My least favorite thing about Sonic Robo Blast 2 is the Castle Eggman enemies and the Castle Eggman boss fight.

I would say Egg Rock, but that's too obvious.

Night Special Stages. I dont find them fun at all
i thought i agreed with this in that i preferred the old special stages but i went back and played a mod that re-enabled them and theyre not as good as i remember lel. i think we've traded off something that was too bland and easy with something that's a bit too derivative and difficult, despite being much more polished and interesting

Last edited:
Whoever’s idea it was to fill aerial garden zone with bees, I would like to have a few words with you. Four-letter words, specifically.

Last edited:
bees are awful enemies period. i haven't had the chance to encounter them in 2.2 yet but if theyre still in, they better at least make louder noises or something. i won't stand for the ridiculous amount of unfair backstab hits and deaths they've caused me

i know everyone says it, but dsz's boss is the worst for me. it can take me SO long to beat it. maybe its my choice of character, maybe im just bad, but i just cant stand it. i appreciate the small rework it got in 2.2, but im still not the biggest fan.
i also dont really like the nights special stages. maybe its just nostalgia clouding my pov, but i just kinda like the old, stupid-simple special stages better. it fits more as a secret level than a special stage.
this last one doesnt really count, but imma say it anyway. i dont quite appreciate how they removed the circuit stages.... i loved running around them and listening to the music and stuff. then again i could never play online because my ping was so bad (still is! 225 ms crew where u at), so im prolly the only one in this one.

Whoever’s idea it was to fill aerial garden zone with bees, I would like to have a few words with you. Four-letter words, specifically.

Oh god the bees.

The BEES!

They respawn too so you can't cheat by defeating them all before platforming. Mystic seems determined to make AGZ as unfun as possible.

I want to know who thought those horrid bird enemies in Red Volcano were a good idea. They seem to attack you totally randomly and if they do they're basically undodgeable. If they do grab you, it seems completely random when they drop you even if you do the typical video game thing of mashing the buttons as much as possible.

Also who thought giving them the same sound effect as those hand-things from Eversion was a good idea

Hey, I like the bees ;_;

With the new campaign, ERZ1 has become a sticking point for me as it has finally aged quite badly compared to the rest of the game's levels. I think ERZ2 still holds up pretty nicely, but ERZ1 sticks out like a sore thumb right now.

The horizontal springs. Why. They were one of the worst parts of Classic Sonic, only existing for the devs to troll players or do what speed pads did better later in the series, and now they're here.

Ok, I finally found something I hate in this... Playing as fang and trying to get to the lake at the top of the skyscraper in Aerial Garden Zone (AGZ). Whoever thought that emblem is perfect for fang is a sadist. Does ANYONE know an easier way, or am I gonna have to torture myself playing as him to get up there? He is seriously the weakest character, and all this for a stupid emblem.

You can stop the infinite bees by
destroying the hive robots that they spawn from.
I hate that the bees can get you Castlevania'd into a pit and that they go invincible when trying to sting-stab you often timing a cheap hit,that said,I managed to get the 500 rings medal eventually,as Tails of course.

I only hate the Nights emerald stages because a few of them (ERZ themed Nights stage with lasers and crushers) have cheap instant kills from getting crushed and hazards that hinder your movement speed on top of the time limit being much too short as a result of those near-kaizo leveled traps.
Guess what the difference is for old special stages,no cheap crush insta-deaths or over-abundance of hazards.

Those later Nights stages are why I have neglected attempting to collect all emeralds yet.
Not until at least grinding for 99 lives then making save backups to try again until I manage to get lucky and beat the unfair ones,with 1 second remaining if even that.

I only hate the Nights emerald stages because a few of them (ERZ themed Nights stage with lasers and crushers) have cheap instant kills from getting crushed and hazards that hinder your movement speed on top of the time limit being much too short as a result of those near-kaizo leveled traps.
Guess what the difference is for old special stages,no cheap crush insta-deaths or over-abundance of hazards.

Those later Nights stages are why I have neglected attempting to collect all emeralds yet.
Not until at least grinding for 99 lives then making save backups to try again until I manage to get lucky and beat the unfair ones,with 1 second remaining if even that.

You think THAT's bad? I mean, I did struggle at first, but you will HATE... and let me emphasize, *HATE!!* Black Hole Zone. ESPECIALLY if you wanna go for the insane concept of actually achieving an A rank on that stage.

EDIT: Ok, I can't say that just yet, only because I havent gotten to that stage on this update. However, I will post a reply post-unlock, if it even still exists.

Last edited:
Mild unlockable spoiler ahead.

The Metal Sonic boss feels a bit OP,yet playing as him allows you to drown when underwater when many Sonic MegaDrive/Sega Genesis character hacks that give you Metal Sonic let you stay underwater without drowning. My plan was thwarted for using Metal Sonic in water levels because of that.

Aside from the spoiler,Azure Temple Zone is a nightmare with the action path,you are FORCED to use the air currents despite character abilities making it extra difficult to survive to even attempt to beat the time record.

On another note,has anybody made a guide video for the fastest paths to beat Deep Sea Zone Act 2 quickly?
I keep getting lost and/or end up taking forever to reach the end and my best time is a long 4 minutes there.
Some of the time records seem next to impossible to beat unless you manage to get lucky after tons of rigorous attempts.
It seems a bit unfair to make the required times so low,making the player require perfect reflexes and zero hits of damage and keen knowledge of hidden speed sneaker boxes.

I think the only advice I can give for the Egg Satellite Zone (ESZ) is to learn the layout.
circle around the loop at the beginning for the nightopian helper. Trust me, you will need all the power-ups you can get. yield at the yellow lasers, gather some blue spheres near the crushers, and screw the hoops, unless you need the score. Get as many blue spheres that you feel able to when you circle through the lasers, making a loop here or there, going relatively slow. Circle around the red box, do slow down a bit before heading down the laser shaft, get the spheres between the boxes, circle the big circle for an extra time power-up. Make sure you aim for the spheres whilst circling to the next part of the stage. yield through the red circling laser fan of death, and to be extra sure you don't get hit, try going the opposite direction of the fan as it goes up and down, to be sure you get as much of the blue spheres as possible, and be sure when it starts to go towards you, that you time your lane switches so you pass through the middle of each blade rather than when a blade is about to hit you. After that, go through the whole shebang of getting the emerald, go through the laser circles, and go with caution, but haste, too. after that, rush to the end of that section, MINDING the 3 launchers at the end that will hinder your progress. go down the next laser shaft, this time dodging laser walls, go through the hoops that guide you out of the way of the launchers that await gullible souls, and mind the other 3 launchers, one that launches you back, and 2 behind it that aim at the launcher. Go through the yellow lasers, slow down if you need to, to avoid them. watch out for red laser hoops, there should be one at the top, and one at the bottom, be sure to go through the hoops, without hitting the laser edge, of course. and thankfully, they made the red laser fences at the end easier. make sure you line yourself up in the middle of the dotted hoops, and after the first fence, tap up some, then down some, then up some. and voila~ your 7th emerald! Just be sure to actually go to the goal and not pass over it!
You don't necessarily have to learn every bit of the stage, I still screw up on that stage, but at least I can make it through with a mistake or 2. And hopefully, you can too! Good luck <3

EDIT: the guide does account for keyboard controls, cause I dont know if it steers with a controller, or what have you, so hopefully you can convert what I said to ups and downs on the control stick, or d-pad, I'm not sure... either way, again, good luck!

Last edited:
I want to know who thought those horrid bird enemies in Red Volcano were a good idea. They seem to attack you totally randomly and if they do they're basically undodgeable. If they do grab you, it seems completely random when they drop you even if you do the typical video game thing of mashing the buttons as much as possible.
They drop you into the nearest lava pit. Or at least they're supposed to. Sometimes they don't seem to detect it right away.

As for when they attack you: When you get too close. The best thing you can do to avoid being grabbed is to keep moving, but not directly towards them.

On another note,has anybody made a guide video for the fastest paths to beat Deep Sea Zone Act 2 quickly?
I keep getting lost and/or end up taking forever to reach the end and my best time is a long 4 minutes there.
Some of the time records seem next to impossible to beat unless you manage to get lucky after tons of rigorous attempts.
It seems a bit unfair to make the required times so low,making the player require perfect reflexes and zero hits of damage and keen knowledge of hidden speed sneaker boxes.

I haven't yet, sadly, but I hear you on that. DSZ 2 was a pain because that time trial is dependent on an interval of those rising and falling platforms in the water. if you dont make that, you're pretty much screwed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back