Official Time Attack Records for 2.0.5+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was tired of seeing TMM have all the times so I dl'd srb2 again and cooked that up real quick. Guess it paid off since somebody else is pretending Knuckles exists.

Sweet run bro. Don't know why people feel the need to glide past the lasers at the start, it's really not any faster than just running across the crushers due to the platform segment. I guess it looks cooler?

I knew it was improvable because I wasn't exactly very aggressive in the final segment (that was really cool, mad props) and I've been able to get to the zoom tube in the lava room faster. I just didn't feel like trying again.

Maybe I will later or something. I dunno. ERZ1 is really linear so it's easy to TA.

Final edit to this post, I guess. ERZ1 Knuckles 1:21:85

My goal was sub 1:22, and I met it, so I'm done with the zone lol

Sub 1:21:50 is certainly possible though. I'll save that for somebody better than me at this game to accomplish.

Last edited:
Hello world. Well I got off my lazy ass to post my 4 lap times from the race maps. Enjoy.

BSZ 0:50:14
ECZ 0:48:94
TCZ 1:02:60
FNZ 0:49:37
HPZ 0:51:25

thats not all the levels but hey I post mosts of them.

I may post the rest of the level after I make better times.

1. Where is your proof? These numbers are useless without proof.
2. Since when do we take records for Race maps?

Well let see.

1. I seen other post them on the record list of race so why not me lol.

2. I made this records online racing so i had like a lot of player that seen
them but if that still not proof ill get pics of them.

I can't do videos since my PC cant handle hyper cam or all that stuff and i don't got a video cam.

And I'm a very trust worthy guy don't lie trust me.

remember my GFZ2 record in a feel post back?

that was all true and then TMM broke it.

1. I seen other post them on the record list of race so why not me lol.
The record list of race, what are you talking about it?

2. I made this records online racing so i had like a lot of player that seen
them but if that still not proof ill get pics of them.
Pics are useless. This whole topic would be useless without videos/playback lumps so we can see other people beat the records. It's not a matter of being trustworthy or not, it's just that this whole thing is useless if we can't actually see the speedruns.

It's also the fact of seeing HOW each player is doing it. Some people have come up with really crazy but awesome short cuts, and if all we needed was a picture, then how would we know WHAT they did? Just make a LUMP file. Anyone can do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B9o...wZ6hvo45VPSkew-uOKvciyQhBN5gQEY&feature=inbox

Sonic:
GHZ3: 15.82
DSZ2: 1:47.54
ACZ1: 1:18.34

Tails:
THZ2: 37.00

Knuckles:
DSZ2: 1:46.37

Last edited:
well my bad i forgot this is not the very same topic i read not that long ago with race records lol.

Proves staying up at 5 am can make you not think well.

Oh and how do lumps work and how do i make them?

Alright. Do record a lump, here's what you have to do:

1) Open up NotePad (or whatever your computer's equvalent is)

2) Inside it, type this: srb2win.exe -record <what you want to call the file> -warp <XX> -gametype <gametype>

3) When you save the file in notepad, whatever you call it, add .bat to the end of the file name. So let's say you want to call it racemoderecord you will type it in as racemoderecord.bat and be sure you save it inside your SRB2 folder.

4) Double click the file to run it and you're all set. The file will save immediately after exiting the game.

Thanks TMM.

I got it all set up now.

I really think we need a race time records for the wiki.

It be worth it and it be post a lot on there to.

Since most of the coop times record has kinda hit the max now.

Since most of the coop times record has kinda hit the max now.

That's where you're wrong. I've been on hiatus for about 7 months and I come back and I can make those 5 times. They might be good, but definitely not max. A prime example is my Arid Canyon Zone run as Sonic. I just discovered that trick, and if you noticed, I had a ton of mistakes in my video. It was a proof of concept idea more or less, and can be touched up quite a bit.

Also know that strafe flying as Tails is still relatively new and can probably be incorporated more than it already is.

The times can be improved. You just have to do it.

I believe that there are some levels that simply can't be maxed by human hands. Like in GFZ1, I believe that it can be improved by human hands (an average of 10 milisecs, or not), but I don't believe that a perfect can be done in a big and complex level like ERZ2, at least not by human hands.

Well if I saw a perfect run on ERZ2 I may as well quit SRB2.

But your right the records can be improve. Just got to put some effort into it.

And thanks to TMM help I may start a YouTube and start recording my records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back