• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Artic terminal zone (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm so nice...
2q9awb4.jpg

Why is there a space in the filename? Doesn't that make it unloadable? I got rid of the space just to be sure.

SRB2 will load files with spaces if you surround the filename with quotation marks, if I recall.

Actually, it was pretty raw and unrefined. I kind of like this theme, but what you have now is not enjoyable. Some of the scenery made no sense, and it was pretty confusing where I was supposed to go. And maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the concept of hopping on enemies to cross death pits.

Hmm... The most glaringly bad things are:

1: Hard to tell where to go, or where you even CAN go.
2: The tanks of water that you cant even tell are full of water. I mean, if your gonna do that, you should use complete water blocks, not top and bottom only ones.
3: Random Ice Blocks scattered everywhere. I mean, why are there giant chunks of ice with pipes sticking out of them? The design doesn't even make sense. Plus, the textures on them are transparent, and that looks really horrible with those textures.

Best things about it:
1: The music. Where'd it come from? It was pretty cool, you just need to make it loop correctly, without fading.
2: The theme. It's really a nice idea, the ice factory thing, you just need to pull it off better.
3: The gimmicks in it, like the elevator, and the bridge, made it a lot more interesting.

Overall, I think it's not BAD, but it could use a lot of improvement. Keep up the good work!

Looks okay from the screenshots. Is that a sky texture on the ice?
I'll probably download it and test it when I get finished messing around with my Nook Color. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back