General logon and play times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboy

Howdy! Been a while since I've been on here... and now that I've got everything back in order, I was wondering what the general log-on times for most people is? I loved this game for its fun online multiplayer with a good community. However, I'm finding it difficult to find people to play with. When... In eastern standard time, I guess... do most of you play?

And how do you play? I generally enjoy the team matches, races, and CTF games with little or no mods. It seems that there are far too many to have in order to perfectly play with everyone at the same time unless someone has a server that allows for downloading from the current operating game.

So essentially, I want to get back into this game, but I can't find any times where others are online. Any suggestions?

You might want to consider joining the #srb2fun IRC channel if you are looking for any kind of decent netgame. Thats about the only way you are ever going to convince someone to host a semi-vanilla Match/CTF/Race server.

The vast majority of hosted servers are Co-op with emeraldstart.wad + recolor characters.

I HATE it when all these character WADs are loaded. Seriously, character WADs are almost all pretty worthless. I hardly even play with Senku.WAD. The only one I'm looking forward to is Sally.WAD.

A lot of people here don't join netgames, I have no idea why, but its probaly because the quality of the servers has dropped dramaticly.

I still play occasionaly, but I hardly find a good challenge since I have improved so much. :/

Around 3:00 Central, I see a lot of servers up.

I really get the feeling that some people on the master server are just plain stupid.

"im going to make a netgame!! i should add a bunch of charaters and host this on jte so that evryone will want to join! in the meantime ill add emreldstart.wad and make sure to give evryone rings at the begining of each level.

nobody's joining yet.... maybe theyll join if i ADD MOAR WADS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back