Genesis Redux Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirone

"The base engine, is a custom engine made by Damizean/The Blitzsonic Team. The Genesis Redux project is an adaptation of this project. Sonickidnextgen/Sonickidnextgenesis has been "casually" working on this project since February of 2011. The Next Genesis Engine was another adaptation by Sonickidnextgenesis, but it was canceled in October of 2010. The Next Genesis Engine, and the Genesis Redux project are both non-profit projects. Sonic the Hedgehog is owned by SEGA, and Sonic Team. If you'd like to contact the creator(s) of the Next Genesis engine, or the Genesis Redux engine, please email: GenesisReduxproject@yahoo.com or SKIVortex@rocketmail.com Please note that this is currently a one man job, so if you'd like to help in any way possible, please contact the creator."​

By the way he did say " if you'd like to help in any way possible, please contact the creator." I really hope that some one who can really help, actually helps him with this project.

Just pulled that from the site which you can find more info about if you go over go here http://www.moddb.com/games/project-lightspeed

If you ever played and like Blitz Sonic 3D, Sonic Dimensions, or even Blitz Sonic Ultra, and have been hoping for an online play then this game could be the one for you.

Screen shots

Genesis_Redux_Project_Screenshot_-_02.png

blitzcc_2011-06-27_18-49-48-92.png

Seems pretty cool, actually.
But if the controls are the same, I'll probably have trouble playing it due to lack of mouse. That's not even counting that lag I got when playing bigger levels (specifically, Sonic Dimensions)...

Seems pretty cool, hopefully this will get past the one-level tech demo stage unlike all of the other BlitzSonic-based games.

BlitzSonic is horribly overrated. As much as people hate it, scripted events are a staple that makes 3D Sonic playable, it's just their overuse that makes it bothersome. The physics are good, but not that good (going down slopes is a problem). As for lag on larger levels, the problem is a lack of regions in a level, where parts you can't see unload.

Seems pretty cool, actually.
But if the controls are the same, I'll probably have trouble playing it due to lack of mouse. That's not even counting that lag I got when playing bigger levels (specifically, Sonic Dimensions)...

Yeah, that's another kill to the game. Hopefully he gets some good help with the game.

As I said on another "blitzsonic game" thread on another forum, Sonic GDK is much better AND much more powerful than blitzsonic. I'm still learning the ropes of the program, but overall it's much better.

As I said on another "blitzsonic game" thread on another forum, Sonic GDK is much better AND much more powerful than blitzsonic. I'm still learning the ropes of the program, but overall it's much better.

Dude, I toatally agree, but the only thing is there is, no online for it for some reason, and people don't really release maps for it. GRP makes history the first sonic blitz engine to be online.

Just to list some problems with GDK:

-Lack of documentation/tutorial makes it hard to figure out how to get scripts to run with it. Many scripts that I tried writing as simple tests didn't load the GDK script and I was in first person with a gun. Setting up an environment for coding it is also a task.

-UDK has a draconian license and unless you pay a hefty fine you can only make scripts, you can't alter the source code to handle GDK better or anything of the sort.

-Personal opinion, but the interface is garbage compared to competitors like Unity and Hammer.

And more experienced people can give more reasons why UDK is a poor choice compared to other engines. So please for the love, do not say that GDK is a better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back