FloatOrb.wad (Explanation inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
While I was seeing if I could get a boss to work while being pushable, came across this sorta thing. It's not too bad and there's probably a better way to do it, but... anyway, linky:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=33ad465810ef8837025574ba538e7f0a
Inside is a wad that shows what I thought is the most obvious use of something like this: traversing huge gaps. The soc is in the maincfg, if you want it, dig it out of there.

Note: This has MF_ENEMY active, so if you let it touch you while you stand, you will take damage. If people like the idea I'll work on improvements.

Kickass... If you can improve it even more, do it. Seriously, what you made is absolutely brilliant.

This is the best soc I have ever had the chance to download. As soon as I activated it, I could immediately think of 10 different ways I could use it!

It's really wierd. Kinda slow, too. I couldn't cross the gap without falling off, so I'm not too keen on seeing the community stick to this like flypaper. Is there any way you could improve it?

BZ4, you have to let it carry you, or else you'll just end up forcing yourself away from the orb.

Just so you know, I had no intention of using it. I just meant that I could think of some practical things to do to it, is all.

I was amazed by this, seriously. A bit of tweaking, and you could use it as a great level gimmick... in the mean time, I'm going to crack this baby open in notepad to see what makes it tick. Great job, man.

I've been doing some messing around, and I can make it so that you can't accidentally fall out, but it makes it near impossible for Tails to get out. Knux can escape, but he needs to glide around in it for a while, or enter a speed ring. Tails can get out with a really big boost, but it has the nasty side effect of shooting him out like a cannon. Amusing, but not too useful. I'm gonna see if I can rework this to not cause damage, because that might make things easier.

Prime 2.0 said:
I'm going to crack this baby open in notepad to see what makes it tick
It's not as complex as you might think, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back