[>v1.0.1] Sonia Strumm [RELEASE 2]

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
Sonia.png

The popular idol from the Star Force timeline, "Sonia Strumm" (or Misora Hibiki in Japan) makes a surprise appearance in SRB2Kart.

Not the most expected Mega Man character to be finished first, but my overall enjoyment of the games she appears from is undeniable, so I felt like a WAD with this character would be enjoyable. At least in some way, SRB2 players get to play as a Sonia, but this time it's from something good.

Her stats are very middle of the road, with 6 weight and 7 speed, making her a fast heavy character. As for the design, I also slimmed down on a couple details due to the limited space I had, so for the sake of this race she's decided to leave her guitar at home (it would likely get in the way anyways). This does also mean that Lyra (her FM-ian pal) makes no appearance, so she won't be performing an EM-Wave Change anytime soon.

As for her voice clips, since there's only a limited amount of episodes she appears in the English dubbed anime and only slightly more in the original anime and it's second season. I decided to go with Zelda's voice from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as she wasn't even properly voiced in the games she's from either.

I know this character may not get used much, but hopefully I'm wrong this time. Have fun otherwise!

Update #1 - Version 2
- Adjusted the head on the front diagonal sprites to stay more consistent with the other rotations.
attachment.php

Attachments

• kart0025.png
    kart0025.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 400
  • kart0026.png
    kart0026.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 465
  • kart0025.gif
    kart0025.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 334
  • kart0026.gif
    kart0026.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 295
  • kart0027.gif
    kart0027.gif
    850.7 KB · Views: 361
  • KC_SoniaStrumm-R2.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 336
  • kart0030.png
    kart0030.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,113
Last edited:
It's been a couple days but this had really been bugging me so here.

Update #1 - Version 2
- Adjusted the head on the front diagonal sprites to stay more consistent with the other rotations.

attachment.php

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back