Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
At last, v1.2 is now out!
Not many changes this time, but it comes with two commands, supermusic and totalrings; supermusic allows you to disable the super form's music, playing the stage music instead, and totalrings displays how many rings the stage has in total when viewing the scoreboard HUD (the one that shows your emblems, emeralds, and tokens in singleplayer).

How about playing the Blue Sphere "perfect" SFX at the exact moment it says " "X" can now be Super "X" ", and make it the actual Super button we choose to be on the Special Stage results screen?

Last edited:
Uh...why? You could just not use it. I mean, I don't think disabling Super Sonic's flight would be of any practical use. There's no reason to disable Super Sonic's flight. I mean I guess they could add a console command that does that. The only reason I think anyone would want this, is because you couldn't fly in the classic games, outside of certain bosses, and cutscenes.

This is called "Many Minor Tweaks", this doesn't really seem like a tweak to me but okay.

I'm going to take a nap after this. Version 2.0 is now out!
Not much new is added to this, however a buttload of changes have occured, because I've rewritten basically every part of this script!
This massive overhaul fixes some long standing issues, and optimizes the code to a huge degree (the filesize is down by a couple kilobytes on the PK3 side, but the Lua file itself shrunk by 26.6 KB!)
Stuff like tailsball, superkey, etc. has been condensed down, so now not as many arguments are needed, and mmthelp now displays the commands in pages, ala sourcemod's help command!
There's other things such as all the player-side commands now being ran inside of a MobjThinker instead of a ThinkFrame hook, ergo allowing for better multiplayer compatibility without needing jank workarounds.

There's lots of other many minor changes I've made to this, not all of which I was able to document because I'm a silly and forget to document stuff sometimes. Enjoy this update!

Last edited:
When I press spin while flying with Tailsball set to jump, spin, or bop... well he just flies down as if it was off. Does this work with the x64 build? Should I be using opengl. There's NO reason why this shouldn't work. I doubt using the normal build would fix this problem either. /shrug

Can you please fix the total ring counter? There's an instance where when you restart a level, the ring total goes up by the same amount.

Ex: 453 rings on load, 906 on restart, then 1359...

Shoot, you're right. I'll fix it up in the next update, I forgot to re-add the mapload hook that changes this to 0 when the map loads.

EDIT: Done, it's been released as bugfix A.
Can you please fix the total ring counter? There's an instance where when you restart a level, the ring total goes up by the same amount.

Ex: 453 rings on load, 906 on restart, then 1359...

Last edited:
Another bug, when adding Tailsbop you cannot fly after *jumping* on an enemy. Just *jumping*, not dropping. (I can't drop when flying for some reason). But yeah, I can activate flight, but it acts like bop as in you cant fly up or anything. I still dunno why tailsball jump/spin/bop doesnt work.

It seems you are really the only person to have this issue. I have yet to figure out how to compile 64-bit SRB2 for Windows, and that's the only other variable that is not similar between us, so...maybe just use regular 32-bit SRB2?

There's literally no reason to use the 64-bit version anyways, it's not like SRB2 even comes close to using 2GB of RAM.

Another bug, when adding Tailsbop you cannot fly after *jumping* on an enemy. Just *jumping*, not dropping. (I can't drop when flying for some reason). But yeah, I can activate flight, but it acts like bop as in you cant fly up or anything. I still dunno why tailsball jump/spin/bop doesnt work.

I have spent many, many hours to get the 64-bit version to work. ...to finally realize that the problem I had was that I had the wrong DLL files. If only the game gave SOME form of output telling me that was the issue. Or heck, if people told me that I needed those DLL files to begin with, ugh.

Anyways, back to the point, I tested it with many different compiled 64-bit versions, and all of them worked successfully, on a blank slate save, no custom config set up, just everything default. So I still have no clue why tailsball isn't working for y'all.

Here's to hoping SRB2 2.2.1 fixes whatever's going on with your end that's causing this, since it sure isn't showing up on mine.

EDIT: You should also try a blank slate installation to see if that gets it working for you too. If so, uh, then maybe something's going on in your config that's causing this issue, and if it is, I'd like to know what's goin on with that.
https://www.jameds.org/SRB2/compile/ helped me with that, you'll probably find it useful too. I'm using 64-bit and OpenGL, but for me all the tailsball settings just do nothing and pressing shift makes Tails descend just like vanilla.

Last edited:
Also, even in 32bit problem still consists. Also with bop, I cannot fly with tails when falling at all. If i'm falling flight won't work. And that i can't drop using the spin button while flying. :shrug:
Clarification if needed: If I jump, and I start going down, flight is disabled.

Also, you should fix the ring total's presence as it's not supposed to be during Special Stages, MP Special Stages and bosses.

New update time again! v2.1 introduces mainly bug fixes, but I've added something that I've been wanting for a long while, skincolor for singleplayer modes! It's not ordinarily possible to set your own skincolor in single player for whatever reason, so this command will substitute that. Wish there was a way to make it work like a menu, but alas, lua is only so powerful.

I also condensed down the code used to detect when to put the player into the super form down by a whooole lot, and this should make it more compatible with custom characters, although I can't say I've tried yet. It does however make things less buggy and janky. Speaking of...

There's a buttload of fixes, including yet more changes to tailsball, which will probably not work for the few people who are experiencing issues with it, but I'm hoping that this will finally solve their issues. I have however fixed it so that tailsball works when jump is being held, so that's something. I've also fixed a bunch of stuff in relation to afktoggle, so that should be working properly now. And there's a few more bugfixes here and there.

Enjoy!

I know this has been a bit repetitive of me to as this, but, can you try again to alter the Super Sonic prompt in the NiGHTS stages results to say "Press jump, press [insert superkey here] instead of always spin" when you have all the emeralds?

I think the "everysuper" command could benefit from a few changes.

For instance, when "everysuper" is <off>, characters who couldn't go Super in the normal game don't do it then, except if it was enabled in a modified S_SKIN of a certain character. Like Tails, for example. If I were to turn the command off, Tails would not go Super unless I enabled it so in a modified S_SKIN of Tails.

Then, if "everysuper" was <disabled>, then no one would go Super, regardless of S_SKIN modification.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now, I do not think it's possible to modify that text with lua, that would require hardcoding which it outside the needs of this mod.

I know this has been a bit repetitive of me to as this, but, can you try again to alter the Super Sonic prompt in the NiGHTS stages results to say "Press jump, press [insert superkey here] instead of always spin" when you have all the emeralds?

...that's exactly how it works though? When set to on, everyone can go super. When set to off, only characters that can normally use super forms can go super (sonic, metal sonic, and custom characters that can do that). And when set to disabled, nobody can go super.

If you mean if you modified it so that Tails can go super via a SOC of some kind, well...that should still work, if it doesn't, maybe the loading order is causing some issues.

I think the "everysuper" command could benefit from a few changes.

For instance, when "everysuper" is <off>, characters who couldn't go Super in the normal game don't do it then, except if it was enabled in a modified S_SKIN of a certain character. Like Tails, for example. If I were to turn the command off, Tails would not go Super unless I enabled it so in a modified S_SKIN of Tails.

Then, if "everysuper" was <disabled>, then no one would go Super, regardless of S_SKIN modification.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back