MK.exe

The one and only!
Kart Krew™️
From Alternate match maps and KIMOKAWAII. Its Azure Paradise!

This was going to be my ULDC entry but seeing as that has been cancelled. I decided to clean up some edges since my submission a few weeks ago to now.

QNn5sf8.png

Features: Lots of routes, 5 Global emblems, 2 Record Attack specific emblems, Originally composed music by myself and much more!

Its not unlocked by default, to unlock it, just complete GFZ1 which will unlock level select inside the Extras menu.
v1
- Initial Release

v1.1
- Fixed up some spelling errors
- Removed unused textures
- The water below the poly-objects on the right path has been removed for better visibility

v1.2
- MIDI Support is now available
- Gave some vertices a jiggle or idk i didn't see it

v1.3
- Fixed an inexcusable issue left since initial release
- Control sector clean up

If there's any OTHER bugs let me know in here and have fun!!!

Attachments

• srb20158.png
    srb20158.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 969
  • srb20164.png
    srb20164.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 955
  • srb20166.png
    srb20166.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 984
  • srb20161.png
    srb20161.png
    275.8 KB · Views: 713
  • VS_AzureParadise-v1.3.pk3
    3.4 MB · Views: 4,288
Last edited:
Absolutely breathtaking environments, replayability, character specific paths? Easily on par with the 2.2 main campaign. Comes with the downside of occasionally making me scream "where do I go", also like the main campaign, but it's all so pretty to look at, so who's complaining?

Nice... there were even two moons!

I'm glad this one's finally hit release. It, wasn't in the ULDC as we initially anticipated, but freedom is freedom! Bonus in 2.3 here we come-
Seriously, though, hella nice! Your composition comes through as always~

Hehe, stoked to finally see this beauty release!
Honestly this is just overall dead smack gorgeous from both a visual and audio standpoint as far as I'm concerned.

Shame we couldn't play this as part of the ULDC as intended, but this level as a standalone is still dope as hell and easily stands on it's own, so this works out great too. Amazing stuff as usual!

Last edited:
Favorite custom map of 2.2 so far, definitely deserving of inclusion in the next official release. I really liked how this level uses slopes; when I see slopes used this much in an official level, I tend to get a bit nervous that the level's going to start doing a lot of mandatory platforming over pits with SRB2's janky slope physics, but the slopes in this all felt very organic and natural. Very fun to do a bunch of thok jumps on the slopes to reach new areas.

As Zipper mentioned, I think the only significant flaw is one's tendency to get lost. There's a couple more path joins that could do with a ring trail to indicate which direction is forward, and the gotcha springs that shoot the player backward tend to mess with one's intuition of springs indicating progress.

This is a solid level. There were admittedly a few moments where I got confused and accidentally backtracked, but I was having fun so I didn't really mind.
The custom music is definitely a pleasant surprise, not many custom levels for 2.2 go for that, let alone succeed. Kudos to you, good sir.

I don't think I have much to say so I'll just drop my love for this map:
I always loved this map since altmatchmaps, but this is a whole new thing. Awesome track, awesome textures, awesome skybox and even awesome flowers!
It's gorgeous, I love it. Great job, MK.

Like Neo Palmtree, this appears as a professionally done level with a very good level of detail. The overall outdoor sections are more divided compared to that one, but it is still pretty amazing that the tech. used was once made for Doom.

So far, I have completed the level with Sonic and Amy Rose, I still need to find my first Emblem yet, but I am fine with the idea of needing many playthroughs to locate them.

This level is probably my favorite mod so far... Really fun with Sonic to go through... Alot of cool areas... Definitely love the platforming over the waterfall area....

This level is probably my favorite mod so far... Really fun with Sonic to go through... Alot of cool areas... Definitely love the platforming over the waterfall area....

It's a great landmark in the context of the level. And yea, playing thru this as Sonic is a blast. The platforming can get tricky, but it's not too hard where ya really gotta slow down. I love stages where, with careful timing and precision, you can vault over massive landscapes. Such a joy to play.

Amazing level! As everyone has mentioned, your use of slopes is incredible and the overall quality of the map is definitely 2.2-tier.

I liked how you made the player adjust their trajectory in order to avoid hazards. Normally when I see a spring section or a heavily-sloped section, I think "whee, a mini cutscene", and that's usually because the level takes control of the player for a bit to do some cool speedy loopy bouncy stuff. Even the genesis games did this. But your map flips this on its head. When a spring launches the player into an airborne trajectory, or a boost panel into a rolling trajectory, the player better adjust course quickly or they'll go rolling/flying into a hazard. You've basically shown that there's more depth to slopes than the obligatory "giant ramp" (which, don't get me wrong, I still love). Bravo.

And that music! Dear god, that music! It's freaking incredible! Deep and atmospheric, yet head-boppingly funky! These are the elements that made me fall in love with Tidal Tempest's music. And if you can make me draw a comparison with that song, then you did something very right. I especially love the drumming. It ramps up and eases the tension in a very cool way. That transition when the drumming gets heavier? That caught me off guard in all the right ways.

The visuals were also dope AF. You really capitalized on the mystical vibe of nighttime levels with the color palette and texture choice. There are some areas where the visuals get a little cluttery with everything you're doing - all the slopes, the decorations, the different textures - but that may just be a stylistic preference on my end. I tend to like simpler texturing because I think it makes a room more readable, but the variety makes your level a feast for the eyes.

All-in-all, a fantastic level. Had this been the OLDC, I'm sure you probably would've won.

1.1 update

New update!
v.1.1
- Fixed up some spelling errors
- Removed unused textures
- The water below the poly-objects on the right path has been removed for better visibility

You really outdid yourself with this one Mk, another spectacular release. I often found myself just staring at the landscapes. This has to be my favourite level mod so far.

This map looks beautiful, and I love how long it is. This level feels very accessible, without babying the player in the right direction. I even came across an emerald token on accident! One complaint I have is that some(?) of the spike floors don't have spike damage, so they don't make a spike sound when you get hit and Yoshi isn't immune to them... Overall, probably the best new thing I've played today.

This is goddamn dope and looks gorgeous and has great music too—I wish more fan levels had original music. While the level plays wonderfully well as Sonic or Knuckles, it can get a little confusing to navigate as everyone else. Tails, Fang, and Metal can zoom through the sky at long distances and end up somewhere totally wrong or even earlier in the level, while Amy can enter Knuckles' paths which are very unfriendly to her. I imagine increasing the use of rings, starposts, or other visual cues to indicate which way to go will do wonders. Maybe even consider giving Amy a way to traverse or easily exit Knuckles' paths?

Knuckles' alternate paths are probably my favorite thing about this level. The paths are clearly designed for Knuckles, but don't have to twist up the level design or add an absurd amount of unclimbable walls too much—instead, the paths are more focused on damaging walls which is a very creative change of pace. I'm a big fan of the way you used golden force shields for timing challenges: you need to time the stop just right to land on the spring instead of crashing into the damaging wall. I never imagined levels could have a genuine reason to feature golden SRB2 shields other than whirlwind.

version 1.2

MIDI Support is now available as well as some general clean up, Enjoy!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back