Classic Sounds

Classic Sounds 5.0.1

Revolution

This mod replaces most of Sonic Robo Blast 2's sounds with ones from the Genesis games to make it sound more like a classic Sonic game, similar to Many Minor Tweaks. It replaces and fixes sound assignments so that you can expect to hear them play where they would in the Genesis games. This mod alone doesn't use any SOCs or scripts, so it will save game progress.

Also included is a separate mod called Extra Sounds that adds more sounds. That mod will not save progress. I recommend loading Classic Sounds first, or better yet, downloading the custom gamedata mod to save progress with both mods.

*See the Overview page for the list of changes and changelogs.

Last edited:
There are few mods that I would consider essential to use in SRB2, but I believe this is one of them. I absolutely adore the sounds you've used here and the effort you've made is absolutely fantastic!

I will say that I feel a couple sounds do need some volume adjustments such as slightly raising the volume of the ERZ lasers and the DSZ3 boss's missile fire sound effect, and I do somewhat question the choice to use the Heavy Ninja freezing sound effect from Sonic Mania for losing a shield instead of the normal shield loss sound. I would also love to hear more custom sound effects instead of the more realistic water noises for the sake of consistency. Other than that I don't think there'll be a time when I don't boot up 2.2 without this mod loaded (except maybe when hosting but it's on the message board so it should be fine for people to download from here.)

This needs to be in 2.3.

These are some pretty cool sounds. Makes the game sounds much more Megadrive-y, and who doesn't love the Megadrive? The sound for bouncing on an Egg Guard's shield fits very well, and I like the transformation sound too.

I would say that the steam jets in THZ could be a bit louder, and the wood breaking sound could be a bit quieter. Also, I noticed a weird bug where the chains holding maces disappear if you touch them. See the attached gif. Also, I think it would be neat if the thok used the sound effect from Sonic Utopia, but the current one works fine.

Overall, this is a neat sound pack, and I wouldn't complain if it was used in 2.3.

Attachments

• srb20430.gif
    srb20430.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 985
Version 3
  • Lightning sounds have now been converted from mono 44800Hz to stereo 44100Hz.

Last edited:
carlrev updated Classic Sounds with a new update entry:

Version 3.1

Hey, guys. Been a while, huh?

This is really just an update to for me adjust myself to the new SRB2 Message Board, but you can take it as an actual update if you wish! I've also added an orange download link for the new version at the top of the page. Old versions, however, will remain as attachments from now on (along with the new update). Enjoy the update, guys!
Here's the new stuff:
  • File size has been decreased from 15 MB to 4 MB.
  • The Super Ring box has been given a unique sound similar to Not So Simple Sonic Worlds.
  • Red and blue springs have been given unique variants similar to Sonic Time Twisted.
  • Added new menu sounds from Sonic 1 2013.
  • Adjusted and replaced specific sounds that were too loud.
  • Removed accidental copies of DSS3KCBS and DSS3KCBL.
  • Modified SOC.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
That's an essential mod as it makes it sound even more like an actual Classic game (because the thock using the homing attack/air dash from Adventure was a bit jarring).

Thanks!

carlrev updated Classic Sounds with a new update entry:

Version 3.2
  • The SOC from the original file has been moved a separate file called Sounds+.
    • Because of this, new sounds such as the Super Ring, red and blue springs, and Sonic 1 2013 menu sounds will be included in that separate file.
    • This was done so that the original file can save game progress.
    • Also, to a lesser extent, the Green Spring Shell badnik from Techno Hill now uses the blue spring sound (SOC only).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Excuse me, which game is the token sound taken from? Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R or another one?

Excuse me, which game is the token sound taken from? Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R or another one?
Sonic 3 I believe

On that note, there are some sound replacements I find to be quite odd. Specifically, Eggman's laughter. If it were possible to find them might I suggest using his laughter from various songs in Sonic CD?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back