Server logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciky

I've checked the wiki, the srb2 manual, the srb2 website, the forums and my srb2 folder,
and I can't find where the logs are saved too after each netgame, could someone tell me where they're saved to? Thanks.

log.txt in your SRB2 folder saves the console buffer from the last time you ran SRB2. If you want to hang on to a log, you'll have to make a copy of it before you run SRB2 again.

No there's only the errorlog.txt in my folder, I also tried sorting the folders and files in there, there's definatly nothing about the logs in the folder.

Which operating system are you running?
If you're using Linux, it'll be under an srb2 folder in the directory of your user.

Then the log.txt file should appear in your SRB2 folder. I use Vista and have absolutely no problems retrieving my log file.

Well I have no idea why it isn't turning up then, it makes no sense. I searched the rest of the pc as well and its not there.

Logan_GBA said:
Sciky said:
I'm using Vista.
c:\Users\<username>\srb2\log.txt

I can't say I've ever seen that... *checks*

Nope, I don't have that and I have Vista.

Ubuntu Terminal said:
cueball61@Ben-Ubuntu:/media/disk/Users/Ben$ ls
AppData
Application Data
Contacts
Cookies
Desktop
Documents
Downloads
Favorites
Links
Local Settings
Music
My Documents
NetHood
NTUSER.DAT
NTUSER.DAT{0f69446d-6a70-11db-8eb3-985e31beb686}.TM.blf
NTUSER.DAT{0f69446d-6a70-11db-8eb3-985e31beb686}.TMContainer00000000000000000001.regtrans-ms
NTUSER.DAT{0f69446d-6a70-11db-8eb3-985e31beb686}.TMContainer00000000000000000002.regtrans-ms
ntuser.dat.LOG1
ntuser.dat.LOG2
ntuser.ini
Pictures
PrintHood
PUTTY.RND
Recent
Saved Games
Searches
SendTo
Start Menu
Templates
Videos

cueball61 said:
I can't say I've ever seen that... *checks*

Nope, I don't have that and I have Vista.

SRB2 puts the gamedata.dat, config file, log, and savegames in the user's home folder if a gamedata.dat doesn't exist in the SRB2's program folder. if you want to make SRB2 save setting per user, move your gamedata.dat file from SRB2's folder, to a sub-folder named srb2 under your home folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back