2.3 Discussion

The Dommo

Tails Enthusiast
Pretend you're in, I don't know, 2030 and 2.3 has ben released. What do you think could be in it?
I think it would FINALLY add (sadly) RVZ2 and 3, DCZ, GEZ, and maybe, a remake of ERZ.

Last edited:
There's very little to go on as of right now. My original assumption was that 2.3 would see its release once RVZ was finished, but that was disproved by a few devs who claimed they'll release it once they deem enough content has been made, not tying it directly to RVZ's completion.

That said I'm a clear singleplayer junkie and would definitely want to see RVZ finished, have more challenge stages and maybe have some DCZ teaser. Anything could happen, though.

Last edited:
Pretend you're in, I don't know, 2030 and 2.3 has ben released. What do you think could be in it?
I think it would FINALLY add RVZ2 and 3, DCZ, and GEZ.

There's very little to go on as of right now. My original assumption was that 2.3 would see its release once RVZ was finished, but that was dispproved by a few devs who claimed they'll release it once they deem enough content has been made, not tying it directly to RVZ's completion.

That said I'm a clear singleplayer junkie and would definitely want to see RVZ finished, have more challenge stages and maybe have some DCZ teaser. Anything could happen, though.

2.3 is 3.0 duh

aight let's go off the list here
- we won't be getting a new character, the fact that we got three added to our total in 2.2 should be more than enough for the time being lol
- new gamemodes? maybe a few simple ones, or one big one. personally i'd love to see battlemod integrated into the game, but who knows.
- i think we can safely assume that whenever 2.3 releases red volcano at the very least will be completely finished. whether or not that means we get anything about dark city zone...? probably not.
- we might get a new postgame stage to replace techno legacy, i'm pretty sure that stage was going to be axed at some point anyway.
- probably not something anyone browsing this topic would care about, but i have hopes that UDMF will be fully implemented into srb2 for 2.3. for all you non-stage building weirdos out there that means that making slopes with vertices will be much, much easier and you would be seeing much more impressive stages than we even do now.
- secret final boss after defeating brak with all seven emeralds?????? it's a possiblity

anyway those are my hopes slash expectations for the 2.3 update, nothing super duper huge but enough for some head turning experiences.

Red Volcano and Dark City will probably be finished.

There will be a transition to UDMF, but they probably won't revamp all of the stages again. New levels will probably be built with it, taking full advantage of its...advantages.

If there are any new characters implemented, it will probably be from a popular add-on, just included with the game. Modern Sonic, perhaps. But we'll see. They likely won't make any new characters from scratch, though.

We'll definitely have new challenge stages added. Likely, despite my protests, replacing the Mystic Realm stages.

I'm hoping 2.3 brings Battle Mode into Vanilla, as well as finish Red Volcano and add Dark City, and add some new challenge stages, probably OLDC ones. Also, even if it probably won't happen, it'd be pretty nice to have a new character implemented from mods.

I heard somewhere that Fang is going to be able to shoot while he's in movement.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I'm hoping 2.3 brings Battle Mode into Vanilla, as well as finish Red Volcano and add Dark City, and add some new challenge stages, probably OLDC ones. Also, even if it probably won't happen, it'd be pretty nice to have a new character implemented from mods.

Finished RVZX was kinda promised, I think.

It's probably too much to ask for but it would be pretty cool if we could get Mario as an unlockable character, maybe locked behind beating Pipe Towers.

I do really hope to see Dark City Zone. My imagination goes wild thinking of the possibilities we could see implemented in the level design. Starting out at street level, eventually working our way indoors and outdoors again a few times, moving between multiple different buildings, maybe even one of them could be a museum of some sort with all kinds of crazy exhibits built into the level design. Eventually end up onto the rooftops, jumping from building to building, maybe have Act 2 be raining. It would especially be cool if the Brak Eggman boss was more of an escape sequence where you are effectively doing fast paced stealth while finding projectiles to launch at him without being seen.

In regards to Red Volcano Zone, something I would love to see is a chase sequence in Act 2 where you are running away from a huge T-Rex badnik. Not have it take up too much of the Act, but just like a portion of the level somewhere in the middle. Then for the boss, you get to fight it properly after it manages to catch up to you and corners you. Maybe also have a small portion of Act 2 contain a snow and ice theme in reference to the scrapped Blue Mountain Zone?

I would love to see the gimmick where the player's size changes return in Egg Rock Zone. Maybe even have the boss fight take place while Sonic and friends are huge, with the fight being a rematch against Brak Eggman.

Lots of wishful thinking here, but dreaming isn't a crime.

My personal guesses for the SP content of 2.3?
- Full UDMF transition.
- New physics shown off in that UDMF test map GIF.
- Sonic's ability getting replaced, Metal Sonic's ability getting replaced.
- GFZ revamp (there was a new enemy shown off in a GIF once, so that will at least appear.)
- DSZ2's later remake getting finished (less likely, but also probable)
- CEZ2 being fully finished (It's confirmed work is being done on the final stretches of it.)
- RVZ2 and RVZ3.
- ERZ Remake being finished and added.
- AGZ for sure likely gets yeeted and replaced.

There's probably a lot more that could happen, but these are my baseline guesses.

If Thok is replaced i'm guessing it'd still be a "charability" ability (like double jump, homing attack, and jumpthok, etc.)

Big The Cat has beautiful sprites, he WILL be playable
loop physics shown in the demo and also just better physics maybe idk
new stages

Oh, yeah. One thing I forgot to mention. Most likely, every character will have an official Super form, with unique abilities. I think Super Knuckles was just the start of Super forms being expanded to other characters. There's really no reason characters shouldn't be allowed to go Super. Sonic 3 allowed everyone to go Super. The only exception that would be consistent would be Tails, since he needed Super Emeralds to transform. But Sonic Mania gave him a Super form without the Flickies, because it would be silly to exclude just one character. So yeah. Now that Mystic's gone, everyone will probably be able to go super pretty soon.

Personally, what I'm most excited for in the next major update is no doubt the completion of Red Volcano Zone. Act 1 is an awesome level with lots of cool gimmicks and challenges, and I'd love to see how those concepts are expanded upon in a second act, as well as whatever the boss ends up being.

Personally, what I'm most excited for in the next major update is no doubt the completion of Red Volcano Zone. Act 1 is an awesome level with lots of cool gimmicks and challenges, and I'd love to see how those concepts are expanded upon in a second act, as well as whatever the boss ends up being.

There's a scrapped boss available as an add-on now. I think it was made for Egg Rock, but I think it would fit Red Volcano very well, considering the main threat is the rising lava levels.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back