Roly Poly Putt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, your log looks plenty fine... but I did find this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3909r1/warning_for_those_thinking_of_upgrading_windows/

Do you have Windows 10? It could be that the Intel graphics drivers for Windows 10 are less than perfect -- looks like the drivers might not accept vertex data as 16-bit shorts.

Here's a crazy trick you can try....:

*) Open up main.zip, and pull out golfball.md3 and main.woc.
**DO NOT EDIT THE CONTENTS OF MAIN.ZIP. JUST LIKE SRB2.SRB, IT WILL NOT LET YOU MODIFY IT**

*) Rename golfball.md3 to golfball.md3s
*) Open up main.woc in notepad. Search for 'golfball.md3' when you find it, change it to golfball.md3s
*) Save and close Notepad

Create a ZIP file containing the edited main.woc and golfball.md3s. Be sure you have golfball.md3s in a 'models' folder in the zip file (essentially, you want to mirror the directory structure in your new ZIP file to be the same as the directory structure in main.zip)

*) Put your zip file in the same folder as rpp.exe

*) Run RPP. On the title screen, pull down the console. Type in ADDFILE MYZIP.ZIP
(or whatever you named your zip file)

Like a SOC, this will overwrite the object definitions with your edits and instead load golfball.md3s intead of golfball.md3. The 'md3s' extension forces the game to load the player model as full float data. If this works, then your OpenGL drivers don't support 16-bit short vertex data.

Last edited:
For some reason, the game won't start, showing this error every time I attempt to run it:

Vo8WCG9.jpg

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but that didn't seem to work.

For some reason, the game won't start, showing this error every time I attempt to run it:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but that didn't seem to work.

You need Windows 7 or better, Fres.
If you do, then you might need this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51682

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

the game won't start i get this error

It won't work on XP, sorry Michael.

I've played this game after a year of not playing it, and it's pretty okay. Though the music reminds me of SRB2.
also no one commented here for a year

Srb2 Stage?

I tried this game and i found map what looks like Arid Canyon thats interesing looks creator of Roly Poly Putt was used Srb2 Stage and renamed this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back