SRB2 v2.0.5 is now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says it's corrupt, and I did what the other people in this thread said to do, but it's not working! I tried downloading the Installer from SRB2.org, but it said that the download link was expired. D:

Like other users said, the lag is still there. Neo, and I have both said this.
Edit: PS: It might fix level lag, but not menu lag.

Do me a favor and try Alam's Mingw build of 2.0.5 and tell me if the lag is still there.

If it isn't... well, that gives us a perfectly valid reason to FINALLY start using GCC.

(I wouldn't vouch for this being compatible with the released 2.0.5 EXE due to floating point math differences, like before, so you might want to rename this EXE instead of just replacing the normal one.)

I tested both official release and Alam's build in Nimbus Ruins Zone with 1280 x 800 resolution. I got way better results; almost zero-lag.

Code:
>version 
SRB2 v2.0.5 (May 21 2010 14:44:06 illegal)
LOL@log

I'm having two problems with v2.05 that I didn't have with 2.04.

Problem #1: Tails harder to steer while flying.
It does take longer when you want to change direction before the change actually takes place. Also, if you are falling and begin to fly, it does take longer before the freefall stops and you actually begin to gain altitude.

I tried the "Homremoval 0" command and it seems to have slightly reduced the problem, but still not comparable to version 2.04.

Problem #2: Unable to save settings.
I'm running Windows 7 and I have SRB2 installed into "%ProgramFiles%\Sonic Robo Blast 2" With version 2.04, I was able to save settings (game save slots, changes to keyboard and joystick controls, sound settings, etc.) Because of UAC restrictions in Windows 7 and Vista, settings were actually saved to "%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sonic Robo Blast 2" instead of to the actual program folder. But things worked fine like that with v2.04. With v2.05, I keep seeing in the console the message "Unable to save some settings to config.cfg." and it isn't saving ANY settings.

I tried both the 2.04-to-2.05 patch and the full install without better luck.

Last edited:
Alam's build fixed most of the lag problem, there are still instances where levels like Egg Rock lags up a bit for a short while off and on occasionally throughout the level.

I do not know what it is but I usually get Server Timeouts or it does not load all together.

I cannot join netgames and my ping is normally around the high 100's or 200's in the Standard room, but when I went to see if this was the same case in the Casual Room and I had ping readings in the 400's and the 500's. Did not try to join a Casual server yet though.

It defenitely works a lot better than before.

Phew, that's a relief. I thought he took 12 hits like classic Sonic final bosses used to take.

Well, technically, Brak is supposed to be the boss for Dark City Zone, he's just a final boss placeholder at the moment. Once the final boss actually does come out, I'm sure it'll be hell.

犬夜叉;672467 said:
Do me a favor and try Alam's Mingw build of 2.0.5 and tell me if the lag is still there.

If it isn't... well, that gives us a perfectly valid reason to FINALLY start using GCC.

(I wouldn't vouch for this being compatible with the released 2.0.5 EXE due to floating point math differences, like before, so you might want to rename this EXE instead of just replacing the normal one.)

Considering the size of the official binary is 2.4 MB where my VC9 builds are generally around 1.8-2.0 MB, my guess is something else might be up too. Should probably discuss what build options are being used.

Tries to download the installer from main link
Moddb said:
The download link you tried has expired. Please try starting your download again.

Now was the Castle Eggman boss removed fully? If so I need to add a new thing to my Final zone map.

correct. I was just using it in my Final Zone level to represent Eggman on a rocket elevator.
srb20141.png
That is the place holder.

It says it's corrupt, and I did what the other people in this thread said to do, but it's not working! I tried downloading the Installer from SRB2.org, but it said that the download link was expired. D:

Download the torrent, it worked for me. (Be sure to download Bittorrent first.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back