Let's be real - srb2.org needs a makeover

Why? It had that 90's webpage design nostalgia and it's easily accessible. I mean especially since how minimalistic it looks. Don't change what isn't broken.

Why? It had that 90's webpage design nostalgia and it's easily accessible. I mean especially since how minimalistic it looks. Don't change what isn't broken.

I mean, atleast update the pictures on there. 2.1 is over.

I mean, at least update the pictures on there. 2.1 is over.
I get what you're saying now. But I doubt most people would check the old screenshot on that site because most newcomers are there thanks to youtube videos.

Also this site is mostly there for the news and the archival purpose (deleting the pre-2.2 pics would be kinda sad for the game's legacy and people's nostalgia)

I doubt many people use the main website too often after downloading the game and finding out about the discord server anyways
Oh shout, I forgot that there was a SRB2 Discord server, I should join it someday.

but it would be nice if the pictures could were updated to bring them more in line with 2.2, as for deleting pre 2.2 pics, that's what archive.org is for.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150429181342/https://www.srb2.org/
I don't really like this thing. I would be more for a "legacy" section on the site to actually show people how far this game has come from.

The site is ugly and needs to be replaced. The game has always been well archived - if you're that concerned with the look and feel of the old website, archive.org should be more than enough. Old srb2 stuff doesn't need to be shoved in peoples faces when they go to download the game for the first time.

Old srb2 stuff doesn't need to be shoved in peoples faces when they go to download the game for the first time.

That's almost exactly how I feel. It's a new era for SRB2, so the new generation of kids should be introduced to this game with the new designs and artwork. On that note, the 2.2 artwork will definitely age better than the 2.1 designs (no offense to anyone who made the 2.1 sprites and artwork, it still looks great).

(Lets just end the artwork thing there and stay on topic)

It's a new era for SRB2, so the new generation of kids should be introduced to this game with the new designs and artwork.
Honestly I don't know about the age of most people who are playing the game but I feel like most SRB2 fans are people who knew Classic Sonic back in the days.

I am still for posting updated artworks while keeping the older stuff in some kind of archive section

If it's about the images on the site, the Multiplayer page still needs an update - it's using old 2.1 graphics! (Actually they might even be 2.0 graphics? I don't remember the flag indicator looking like that in 2.1)

Also, the Screenshots page appears to only have a single 2.2 image. The rest also appear to be from 2.1.

An update to the site is actually being worked on. You can guess why the old site has stuck around for so long, and why its only because of more recent developments that the tide has changed...

Something I noticed with the current site is that the pre-2.2 soundtrack isn't up anywhere for download anymore. It's still up on other sites though, so I suppose it's not that big a deal.

i think ive said this before but my only "complaint" (probably not the right word but who cares) is that i dont want the site to go for a minimalist look like so many others are going for. i doubt that would happen, because i know the staff/dev + community are more creative than most web designers, but man, i dont want that mid/late 00s look to be forgotten.
then again, maybe im just too used to the current website.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back