• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D Project (not finished yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VentureSonic

Please call me VentureSonic
Hazard and I are making a level pack again. This time it's in 2D and we're not going to flip out like immature 6 year olds who thinks Sonic '06 is good.

We haven't got a name for our "project" yet but I've started on the first level, Coastline Mounts.

F7551u7.png

9ssF684.png

wUXqngp.png

We're trying to make a 2D level pack but with heavy attention to detail in the background. What do you think so far?

This may just be a personal nitpick of mine, but since you've got lively backgrounds as a priority, it'd be AWESOME if you added actual depth to it. Currently, it looks like it's just extending backwards for the sake of it. You know how Green Hill has a huge lake, mountains and waterfalls in its background? Perhaps using the skybox to simulate that sort of feeling might come in handy for this.

This may just be a personal nitpick of mine, but since you've got lively backgrounds as a priority, it'd be AWESOME if you added actual depth to it. Currently, it looks like it's just extending backwards for the sake of it. You know how Green Hill has a huge lake, mountains and waterfalls in its background? Perhaps using the skybox to simulate that sort of feeling might come in handy for this.

I'm a bit confused on what to do. I am a bit happy with what I currently got but a skybox featuring mountains seems like a good idea. I'm not good on skyboxes myself so I might get Hazard to do it.

Thank you for the criticism, Zipper.. personally, I have the same nitpick. I was going to start creating a good skybox soon after the level itself had good progress made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back