Bill S.978 - Ban on Streaming Copyrighted Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this law isn't going to pass. Too many companies would be shut down based off this law and i'm damn sure they won't let that happen. I understand what this law is going for, but it seriously needs to get revised before actually getting passed. Not to mention the law is nowhere near going to get passed anytime soon without revision (especially with all the letters sent to congress). America`s government is not THAT stupid.

I prefer being able to watch something remotely violent without government censorship taking over, thanks.
No, no, no, PLAY. We've always had an R rating for movies. Besides, the future looks bright anyway.

Also that was the joke all along *folds arms*

Probably by the time the bill gets passed, Probably its just going to focus mainly on TV, music, and Movies.
EDIT: Well, all the bill says is that it'll ban copyright streaming. But I thought it would focus on just copyrighted stuff like SRB2 was gonna be banned.

Last edited:
*Sigh* I'd suggest to do what Sonnarkku said, and stop talking about the worst case scenario. If it will get passed, I'm pretty sure their is going to be plenty to talk about, if not... well there wouldn't be much to talk about.

More like if it gets passed, none of us will be able to talk about it because WE'LL ALL BE IN PRISON!!!! If not that, SRB2's server will be shut down, so, we won't be able to talk here anyway...

This bill isn't even that unusual. The entertainment industry has continuously lobbied Congress to pass tough censorship laws, and they've been turned away every time. It's just that this one is a particularly dramatic example.

I say it's about time we censor the entertainment industry lobbyists.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this won't get passed because there are just so many things wrong with it, like what mystic said about recording yourself and not turning off the tv when putting it up, or using a copyrighted song on a gameplay video and with some video games that you can actually record in-game and put on youtube (Like TF2 after the Replay update), if you got put in prison for doing something that the game and it's creators actually allowed, that is just really moronic.

And also, some companies actually rely on people posting videos and streams because it helps promote what they are trying to sell sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back