Suggestions

Make the jumping frames and spindashing frames seperate states. This would allow for such things as nojumpspin without the lack of spindash, a Super Peel Out of sorts (changing the spindashing frame sprites to the running sprites)

This I support wholeheartedly. It would be really nice for the pony I'm making to have a horn lowered charge, instead of an awkward looking spindash. :D

The Object Special of a Diagonal spring (normal and upside down) could make it so that the spring launches the player at a 22.5 degree angle from the ground instead of a 45 degree angle. Unless the Ambush flag I tested glitched up, it would be nice to see this in game to allow more variation in springs and new ways of spring use without creating a new one in a soc.

Then It's not our problem. use copy paste on the letters (coughnotepadcough) then press 1 or whatever you want for the music. The devs are not putting something into the game just because of 1 person, (Maaaybe...) unless this is a veeeeery good idea.

Last edited:
An option to toggle super sonic music >.<
I support it, because sometimes it's a very good idea to turn off a music that can disrupt your concentration (yes, the SS music becomes so annoying after 2 or 3 times playing). While it's not possible, there's a level header option that turns on/off SS music:

NoSSMusic
If set to 1 rather than 0, this will prevent the Super Sonic music from playing when it would otherwise. Super Sneakers music is also suppressed.
Something like:
Code:
Level 1
NoSSMusic = 1

Level2
NoSSMusic = 1

...and so on...

I'm pretty sure Classics only disabled when super/hyper sonic was gone. SRB2 is based on the classics, so...
Well told, "SRB2 is based on the classics", but not limited only to them.

S1, S2, S3 and S3&K didn't have multiplayer maps and weren't 3D (unless when faking 3D effects). The classics' gameplay is mostly based on "kinematics" (momentum and speed), on the other hand SRB2 is mostly jump 'n' run and agility. This is a very big difference.

In fact, sometimes, I believe SRB2 lacks lots of classic elements. In my opinion, what mainly makes SRB2 feel classic is the lack of nonsense that we've found in the modern games. SRB2 does need much more to resemble to the classics.

Therefore, just saying "This or that isn't gonna happen because SRB2 is based on the classics" without a proper context is not reasonable argument, in my humble opinion.

And more, any reasonable idea that may make SRB2 better is most welcome and let's discuss... We know there are priorities and time constraints (and I know that some reactions for or against some ideas are scaring out some people and attracting other ones), but implementing few minor nice ideas won't make the game any worse, obviously.

Last edited:
So you mean it didnt happen in classic, but happened to modern?

If that's what you said, I'm still saying the devs inst doing it, so it's not going to happen. that is why the command "tunes" is here.

Last edited:
So you mean it didnt happen in classic, but happened to modern?
I meant SRB2 is another game.

I'm still saying the devs inst doing it
Did any dev actually tell you so, or, is it just an assumption you believe in?

(there's another thing that makes wonder, it seems we have a sort of a collective unconscious here: people are used to react automatically in a certain pattern to certain experiences. For example: someone proposes an idea, then most of all people goes "devs won't implement it" mode. But, a dev said 'no'? was it proven impossible, unlikely, unwanted?... nope, people simply assumed that it won't happen, like an autopilot function.)
that is why the command "tunes" is here.
If this was a rule or reason, the most part (if not fully) of in-game menu hadn't even been implemented.

Did you know that for each item of in-game menu there's a command or variable that can be typed in the console? I'll give you a small sample:

nFbTF.png

Therefore, the "command-blah-already-exists" argument is not sufficient, at least for me. BTW, have I told you about NoSSMusic level header?

Last edited:
Some new colors in addition to the 15 SRB2 2.0 already has would be nice.

Perhaps some or all of SRB2 Riders' 10 additional colors? (Perhaps even the spectrum layout of the colors?)

Or perhaps any of these alternative colors I came up recently? (And here you can see what they would look like on Tails)

If, on the other hand, we're not going to get any more new colors, at least do something about the colors for Cyan. =/

Actually, the host pausing on net games are the one that is getting abused. Some people that want to go AFK is using it unfairingly like the other players are not human. Than again, there shouldn't be much priority if at all since you can always leave.

done. also got rid of the join option, since people are using it too much and cannot be banned.

Why not just remove Multiplayer entirely? It's obviously putting way too much stress on these poor people getting banned and kicked from servers.

And why not removing the whole game?Looks like people are scared to use Join game(internet) because they dont wanna get kicked or banned from servers.
Anyways a idea:have a "LevelHeader" command.
It allows to show you the level header,and edit it(With a "SaveHeader" command to save it)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back