Status
Not open for further replies.

VelocitOni

KartKrew Dev
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
" Howdy! ;) "
http://undertale.com/

DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAME IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU

Angry-Peyton-Manning-Stare.gif

Here have a lazy copy-paste of my VG Resource topic.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just gonna drop in and say
DON'T CLICK THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAME

You could have at least explained what the game is about though, Iceman!

It's the demo for a quirky (kind of Earthboundy) RPG with an interesting shmup-inspired battle system, a weird sense of humor and a great soundtrack. It's being made by Toby "Radiation" Fox (who's kind of famous for making Homestuck music?). The game's biggest strength is from subverting your expectations, however. It's a really really cool game so far so go play it! Play iiiiit.

(also just about all discussion of this game should probably go behind spoiler tags)
-----------------------------------------------------------

After you've done a run through of the demo, please watch this video to see what happens when you have MERCY on Toriel enough.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4kOyPOr7s
0:53:50

The game has multiple, multiple, and I mean multiple outcomes depending on what you do each time after you go back and save, or even what you do the first time; the playing field is pretty dynamic depending on all your decisions and will constantly surprise you at every turn, even in a pacifist run.

"WELL DIDN'T ANOTHER GAME DO THIS?"

Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png

Hahahahaha, ahhhh, good one.

I suggest everyone play this demo four times just to see what happens, and remember to always check your Instructions folder after each ending for a shit-your-pants-surprise!

God damn that flower is the creepiest video game antagonist I've seen yet just because of that 2nd ending in the video there.

This is a pretty amazing game though, can't wait to get the full version when it's done. Most interesting concepts and story I've seen in a while. It's clearly inspired by all kinds of Earthbound. (And probably takes the word "Mother" to a whole new level if you ask me)

Give this a chance, or you're just a FuckatableTom

Last edited:
I've played this myself as much as I can and I have to say that it is pretty amazing. I'd recommend going through the game at least 3 times and trying different things on each run and, make sure to pay attention to what is happening. The demo itself presents a lot of re-playability if you're willing to hunt out everything it has to offer. The music I also think is fantastic and worth listening to. Also I'd recommend looking at the instruction booklet before you start and each time you finish.

Howdy!

Last edited:
Oh man, I played through the demo for this game a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. I'm definitely looking forward to playing the full version when it gets finished.

To be honest, I was so impressed I would have donated to the kickstarter if I knew the game existed while it was still running. But it got the funding it needed so all is good.

It seems our friend Inuyasha is filled with
* Determination.

I just played through the demo and loved it. It's worth checking out with not a single clue as to what it is.

This game was screaming EarthBound/Mother in a good way. The battle system was something I truly appreciated--a mix of bullet hell and gentlemanly negotiation. Bits of the story made me chuckle aloud. Looking forward to the full game.

Goddamn. This game. This fucking game.

I've only played through the demo once, but after having Flowey recognize what you did alongside Toriel becoming suspicious of you knowing something you shouldn't, I am more than terrified to continue experimenting. I no longer have the guts to abuse saves ever again.

I will not get too cocky... I hope.

EDIT: What actually made the experience more jarring for myself is that I naturally save-scummed without even entering the door to the RUINS since I'm just that bad! When I met Flowey, I had no idea whatsoever that it was hinted to the player to save-scum and... yeah. So much thought was put into this...

Last edited:
Only faintly heard of it on occasion, but it looks pretty cool. Hoping to pick it up when it comes out.

Darn it. I only have a phone for non-Nintendo gaming. Guess I'll have to skip out on this one.

So idk why this topic hasn't exploded yet, so I'll start.

Undertale is, plain and simply, the best RPG I've ever played. Quite possibly the best I will ever play.

It leaves me filled with determination.

All endings cleared, gotta say, this is one GOAT of an RPG (no pun intended)

As soon as I get the internet again at home, I'm grabbing Undertale. As I said before, I adored the demo and I'll probably love the full game.

Undertale is most definitely worth every penny.
While it may be short for an RPG, it is a very good time from start to finish. I want to say more, but saying really anything about what is in it can be spoilers annoyingly. All I can really say is that I found it really good and I recommend trying it out.

Been playing this for five hours now. What an experience. Easily my GOTY!

Last edited:
Wow! I just got finished with the demo, and I couldn't find anything I disliked! I actually enjoyed the visuals (and the music, too)

While playing this I get the sense there is a hidden deeper meaning, as well. I am totally going to get it as soon as I've got the money.

Sent from my XT1021 using ********

The game is great on how your sins pay: the evil route is meant to be pure bullet hell (see sans' fight)
My favorite fight is Undyne in genocide because of the music and how the Green heart is used.

Undertale is the fucking best.
I checked the forum to only see if this thread existed.
If it didn't, I would of probably started it.
;)

From a combination of friends nagging me to and a strong desire to spend money on something today, I ended up getting this game and playing through it. I think the last time I was drawn into a game well enough to keep playing for twelve hours straight was... before high school. If that says anything. I'm still way too attached to Splatoon to call this GOTY (plus the gameplay is a tad monotonous once the dodging gimmick wears off), but it definitely has fantastic writing and worldbuilding, so overall I'd recommend it to anyone who likes story in games. If you don't, then you'll probably just get bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back