good free pc games other than SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria is not free to my understanding, and Minecraft's free-ness is limited to Classic (like Creative but even more limited) and a five-in-game-day demo based on an out-of-date version.
Huh, I must have been playing an old version then.

In the case of Minecraft, yes, you would've been playing an old version.

In the case of Terraria, as I said - to my knowledge. If you can prove me wrong, by all means, do so. (Although I technically own Terraria, so it wouldn't do me much good other than to know that a free version exists.)

Counter Strike Condition Zero is an addictive first person shooter that I and most of my school plays. I am not sure entirely why I perfer to play it instead of CoD or <name a FPS shooter>.

counter-strike-condition-zero.1524998.jpg

Counter-Strike is more balanced and generally fun with a better community than Call Of Duty in general terms. Most Valve games always have some good community. The game is just inventive and gives you a lot to offer yourself with along with some pretty great maps and weapons. Altogether, the best game to lock yourself in the basement for probably.

Free games I have? Hmm.

I tend to play a lot of Minecraft [Not-free] and Terraria [Also not-free, but cheaper], though I do have quite a few free games in my collection, both fangames and non-fangames.

- Non-fangames -

Cave Story - A story about an amnesiac robot who has a gun.
King Arthur's Gold - A multiplayer platformer battle game in the vein of TF2 and Terraria.
Legends of Yore - A retro RPG with fast gameplay.
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst - I play on the popular schthack server. I'm not sure if this is SUPPOSED to be free, but I've heard nothing against it.
Team Fortress 2 - It's like Call of Duty, but it's actually good and the community isn't made up of whiny 10 year olds. [It's made up of whiny 18 year olds instead. "ARGH Y CANT I OPEN CRATE"]

Wow, lots of my games I did actually pay for, thinking about it. You pay for quality, I guess.

- Fangames -

Psycho Waluigi - I have to say this off the bat, this is my favourite of them all. You control a psychic Waluigi in a quest to take over and rule this mysterious land. Yes, you're the bad guy.
Halo: Out With a Whimper - A pretty good 2D Sidescroller version of the Halo franchise, if I do say so myself.
Kirby Cosmic Chaos - A quite awesome 3D Kirby fangame, even if it is a demo. Just be sure to play the 2009 demo, not the petite 2010 one. Though the 2010 one IS pretty.
Megaman Battle Network: Chrono X - I was quite surprised at this one, actually. It feels like a real MegamanBN game, and it PLAYS like a real MegamanBN game. I'm surprised this wasn't made by Capcom.
Super Smash Flash 2 - Except for the addition of annoying anime characters, this game's quite fun.

Iji is an absolutely fantastic game and I love it to pieces.
I feel the need to quote Whackjood to emphasize just how amazing of a game Iji is. It is like Metroid but with numerous secrets and an adaptable plot.

As for my own suggestions...
Dwarf Fortress is a great game, if you can get past the difficult to learn GUI. It's pretty much a RTS minecraft.
Dungeon Crawl is probably my favorite roguelike game. It is randomly generated and has a load of content, with a particularly great magic system.
Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden is a lovely parody of numerous things, chief among them JRPGs.
Also, TF2.

No lag issues here, sorry.

Even in Training Mode and Stadium? I doubt it.

Try playing Training Mode a few times, and then play Stadium a few more times too. If it won't be obvious for you in Training Mode, it'll surely be in Stadium.

That said, I played the 5 first sectors of Iji and I found it amazing despite the sorta convoluted system of leveling up stats.

Last edited:
Team Fortress 2 - It's like Call of Duty, but it's actually good and the community isn't made up of whiny 10 year olds.

You lost me on "Call of Duty" when both games are really the polar opposite of each other, except the fact that they are First person shooters. I can however agree with the community, but even they can be just as immature, trust me on that >_>

Anyway, perhaps most of you have heard of SD Gundam online? That Korean-only game? Well OGPlanet now has their NA version of the game and so far the shops are not out to get your money ((well other than color options and blueprints, but that's about it)). Promotions give out great bonuses in points to help you get more Capsules and to maintain your mobile suits energy. And speaking of mobile suits, there are a grand total of 277 gundams to choose from, several of which that can transform ((Either as more mobile units or different combat styles depending on the unit)).

If you want a visual example (and one of the suits), I'll be happy to oblige:
SDGO Awakening Zeta Gundam & Team match

Urban Terror is a good FPS made upon the Quake 3 Arena engine. It's completely free and the game is 100% legal to download. It's like a little homage to those old PC fps's.

Anyway, perhaps most of you have heard of SD Gundam online? That Korean-only game? Well OGPlanet now has their NA version of the game and so far the shops are not out to get your money
If you want a visual example (and one of the suits), I'll be happy to oblige:
SDGO Awakening Zeta Gundam & Team match

Thanks for the heads up Tengu. Looks pretty interesting, although I wish they used regular mobiles instead of SD. Looks very much like Exteel. My only problem with it is that it's hosted by OGPlanet. In some of their other games there was quite a bit of lag =/

Also, for anyone who used to play Gunbound, there's a great server up now called Gunbound Classic. It's old school, Thor's Hammer Gunbound before the new updates ruined the game. It actually has more players than the official servers and is completely free. And it's a fairly small download! ~200MB

Wow, the game does look like Exteel.

Unfortunately, Exteel no longer exists. I guess something to replace it is a good thing.

Thanks for the heads up Tengu. Looks pretty interesting, although I wish they used regular mobiles instead of SD. Looks very much like Exteel. My only problem with it is that it's hosted by OGPlanet. In some of their other games there was quite a bit of lag =/

Not so much in SDGO, rarely do I ever encounter lag. About 80% of my time playing, I only encountered a few times when a Co-op mission went buggy or the infamous rubberband in Vs matches. Other than that, it's very stable on just about any computer.

OGplanet of course I can understand. They do have a good number of entertaining games, but in terms of service and maintenance. . .pure bull, especially on how they want you to "whore" yourself with products. But unlike Rumble Fighter, SDGO just seems more fair in their prices and points. Just about everything can be gotten if you're smart with your rank promotions.

Autosaver said:
Wow, the game does look like Exteel.

Unfortunately, Exteel no longer exists. I guess something to replace it is a good thing.
I was around the community and even saw the unfortunate noticed from the GM. It was dead shame, but an even greater annoyance to see how that company just gave up on the game. Course it is nice seeing some old Exteel players playing SDGO now XD

Last edited:
In the case of Minecraft, yes, you would've been playing an old version.

In the case of Terraria, as I said - to my knowledge. If you can prove me wrong, by all means, do so. (Although I technically own Terraria, so it wouldn't do me much good other than to know that a free version exists.)

Terraria's always been a retail game, last time I checked. Although, it is relatively cheap, being $10.

I started playing SD Gundam Online, and I have to say it's pretty fun.
Also I'm a sucker for collectible things, and the collectible gundams...I want them all D:

Thanks again Tengu.

There were a topic about this a long time ago, but it's worth mentioning again.
http://www.transformice.com/
Transformice is a crazy mmo game where you have to get to the cheese and bring it into your hole. In each level, a shaman is selected to build your way to the cheese. All of the shaman efforts usualy end up being a failure, thanks to numerous trolls. Great fun unless you get angry easily.

All of the shaman efforts usualy end up being a failure, thanks to numerous trolls.
Actually, it's because standard mice need cheese for points and things - and them getting said cheese makes the shaman's life hell.
It's not actual trolling - or it is, but it's part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back