This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I also noticed something in Kart Airlines Zone. In section 2, there are some monitors moving along a belt & you can break them. When breaking the shoes & invincibility monitors, the game tries to load the correct music & fails, resulting in silence for a few seconds. I've included screenshots with the console text. Not a major issue; if anything, fixing this could be a cool easter egg!
Actually I tried loading SRB2 2.1's zones.dat and music.dat as WADs (for plain fun, also 2.2 ones just crash) and it loads the correct music (right from SRB2!), so I think adding the music into the file with the normal SRB2's names for the themes will make the music play. I still would prefer the normal SRB2 music to load though, it would be much better than just loading Kart's invincibility music.

My fix for the mod

I present to you my little contribution to the mod. Maybe it was already fixed, i don't know, but as I now know how to add music into SRB2 and Kart, I'll present you this fix. Loading this WAD will make the SRB2 2.2 music load properly when you break a Speed Shoes/Invincibility monitor around the stage. Maybe this is already being fixed by the actual creator of the mod, but meanwhile I'm going to leave this fix here. I'm not making a thread for it 'cause it's probably never entering Releases because it's both a music-only mod and a little edit of another mod. [Also, this WAD doesn't include the character, it's just the music] [Also, it's not that hard to implement the fix into the mod, it's just adding the INVINC and SHOES music lumps which the game tries to load for those items, also it loads them with 2.1 lump names 'cause Kart seems to have never updated to 2.2's engine, just got some of its features added into its own]
UPDATE: Now includes the XTLIFE lump for 1Up monitors!
EDIT: It seems that when the speed shoes music or the 1Up jingle ends, it doesn't go back to normal music, but the invincibility music does. Idk why is this happening, I'm not that good at modding :P

Attachments

• SRB2Sonic_MusicFix.rar
    403.2 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Version 1.3 is now out!
- Jumping has been moved from the accelerate button to the brake button. This allows you to jump even while boosting!
- Holding down brake will no longer make Sonic move backwards.
- Holding down acceleration will no longer boost Sonic forwards or allow normal movement while rolling. He still slightly nudges forward when pressing it from a standstill, but it usually doesn't affect anything other than that.
- Thoks will now always go in the direction of the camera, instead of the direction Sonic is facing.
- Turning speed is now doubled when playing in a server as SRB2 Sonic, so as to circumvent the turning being partially cancelled by netcode jank.
- Turning has been tweaked slightly.
- Bonking into walls now bonks you back half as far.
- SRB2 Sonic now has a slightly smaller hitbox and shadow.
- Momentum gained from spinning down slopes has been nerfed slightly.
- Bubbles spawned in by the Spindash will no longer stick around forever.

attachment.php

- You can now damage other players with your spin attacks! Cheat not only in races, but in battles as well!

attachment.php

- Press Drift in the air with a Lightning Shield to perform a double jump! Use this to explore never before seen areas. This reflects how shield abilities are done in vanilla SRB2. Once SRB2Kart v2 rolls around, expect the next update of this to add more shield abilities!

The music fix has not been implemented to keep the file size low.
Also, don't expect an SRB2 Tails or Knuckles anytime soon.
They would require way more work than I'm willing to put in for this.

NOTE:this is only a fan-lua request may not is in 1.4

i made a lua (ported from feet sonic) what made springs animations only have a bug.
if the creator allows this lua i leave the lua here

Attachments

• LUA_SPNG.lua
    2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Version 1.4 is now out.

- SRB2 Sonic has had his movement revamped. You can now control the camera separately from Sonic himself using the Custom 1 and Custom 2 buttons. Whether or not the Thok aims where the camera is facing can be controlled via the srb2style command.

attachment.php

- Other movement tweaks besides this have been implemented.

- SRB2 Sonic now has unique voice clips separate from his in-kart counterpart.

Think I made some progress on modeling this by accident, I can go on full detail on how I made this:
got the 3 model files from Sonic in SRB2, copy them to KDLC in mdls of SRB2K, then rename the 3 files to say "SRB2SONIC" instead of "SONIC" and THEN, you go to the mdls.dat file in SRB2K and you can put anywhere this line of text and you save it:
SRB2SONIC KDLC/SRB2SONIC.md3 3.0 0.0
and you get this... thing... it's kinda broken, but it works

Any progress made on this?

just a suggestion

instead of making the button to move sonic forward set to aim forward how about accelerate since controler configuration is annoying sometimes

SMS Alfredo updated SRB2 Sonic with a new update entry:

Physics overhall and Classic as a new control style option using the srb2style command

I realized that SRB2 Sonic actually had a ton of issues with the way his movement was handled, like constantly getting stuck running in one direction, so this update fixes that.
It also makes his gravity and jump height alot more accurate than before, which means jumps are easier to land.
Also changed his pref color to blueberry as blue was definitely too bright for this.
The Simple control style (which is the default) now automatically turns the camera slightly as you move left and right so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SMS Alfredo updated SRB2 Sonic with a new update entry:

SRB2 Tails and Metal Sonic join Sonic on foot!

That's right, I've went ahead and added two more characters to this mod, making it a three character pack of Sonic, Tails, and Metal Sonic.
The two newcomers both have all their moves from Sonic Robo Blast 2, and have the capability to break the game even more than Sonic ever did.

Other changes:
- SRB2-style knockback when hit by obstacles and items that'd normally spin you out.
- You'll now drop whatever item you're carrying upon taking damage.
- The Thunder Shield's double jump height has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back