Race Maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
Once I started playing SRB2, I noticed a really cool mode. Race. It was fun and had a preety balanced gameplay. I also loved the maps. When 2.1 was announced, I was so excited! I thought how everything would be: Cool new mechanics, new levels, new features, and, of course, more Race/Match/CTF Maps.

But what I discovered later on - When I first played 2.1 - I noticed something really bad (Other than some game-breaking bugs...): No Race maps.

The question here is: It wasn't necessary to have more race maps, since they are a lot, but WHY DELETING EVERY SINGLE ONE?!

There might be an "obvious" reason, but for me it's not as "obvious" as other people do. It's like when I posted a gif of a port of SMS in General Project Thread, everybody was yelling at me why to bring him back, that I was making a big mistake.
So, Can someone please explain me why there are NO race maps?

Mystic doesn't like Circuit maps and the gameplay was unbalanced as hell on them. If you want them that badly, there's already a port of the circuit rotation on Skybase.

The old Circuit maps sucked, anyway. They were specifically built so that Sonic could mop the floor with anyone else, thanks to an overabundance of flat, horizontal level design leading to thokfests.

Personally, I'd love to see some new Circuit maps that were more fun to play - as everyone.

The problem with the circuit race maps was there were no balanced ones, they were either thokfests or there were a few that relied on platforming, meaning either Sonic would massacre everyone else or Tails would fly on by. In fact, the only circuit race I remember that was balanced was Slumber Circuit, but that one was just, "Who is fastest in NiGHTS mode?"

The devs decided that the circuit maps sucked and that Race was funner on the single player maps. The old circuits maps can be downloaded separately and added back into the game, if you want.

-snip, see below-
There. Ported just for you. Happy?

Circuit's unbalanced and boring anyways.

Last edited:
It was fun and had a preety balanced gameplay.

ahahahahaha

Are you playing the same SRB2 as the rest of us?

In all seriousness, race/circuit were absolutely, dreadfully boring thokfests that were, in fact, not fun or balanced.

Just race on the SP levels, it's far more interesting anyway. Besides, we've gone over this several times in other threads and it's generally understood and agreed upon why the old circuit pretty much sucked.

EDIT: I don't understand why the above circuit pack isn't just put into releases. People want it, and people will stop asking about it if there's an easy way to access these rather than just the Skybase (which not everybody knows about) or going through misc threads on this board.

Last edited:
One point that I really need to report here is that no one cares thokfests and we want the race maps again :D.

Actually yeah everyone cares thokfests because they're really boring and make the gamemode extremely unbalanced.

What kind of point is "no one cares" if everyone obviously cares enough to get rid of Circuit.

Last edited:
The race maps were boring and annoying, because everyone would play as Sonic and thok the crap out of everything. The only time I ever came close to having fun in Race mode was when I turned on forceskin and everyone was bitching.

I wish they add race maps in srb2 2.2....

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Don't get me confused with Mr. Sora there....

Actually yeah everyone cares thokfests because they're really boring and make the gamemode extremely unbalanced.

What kind of point is "no one cares" if everyone obviously cares enough to get rid of Circuit.

Oh my god, then why don't just lock the thok of sonic while racing? The easiest asnwer ever without having to remove race maps.

That's horrid game design if your character's abilities change from gamemode to gamemode. It's inconsistent at best, and insulting to the player at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back