After playing this all I can say is that this way too hard and I personally really do not like it. I am always last so yeah for me this sucks. No offense to those who worked hard on it and it does look nice but when you always come last it sucks and yeah.

As there is no AI it's only really as hard as the other players are good. Admittedly, there are some pretty good players out there haha. There are a few people I can't get anywhere near atm but generally I'm pretty competitive, kart racers have always been my jam though. Do you play other kart racers out of interest?

I find the game so damn fun I couldn't care less if I'm first or last xD

As there is no AI it's only really as hard as the other players are good. Admittedly, there are some pretty good players out there haha. There are a few people I can't get anywhere near atm but generally I'm pretty competitive, kart racers have always been my jam though. Do you play other kart racers out of interest?

I find the game so damn fun I couldn't care less if I'm first or last xD

I am usually decent at those types of games but that one was horrible. I do not know about you but one thing I hate is always being last. Like with the AI and multiplayer I was always last like way last and only once did I get second to last. I do not mind being last since somebody has to be but always being last turned me off and turning is incredibly difficult. You have to always slow down before turning or else you crash or fall off ledge.

...and turning is incredibly difficult. You have to always slow down before turning or else you crash or fall off ledge.

Sounds like you'd be better off using a character with a high turning ability, like Tails. That'll help if you keep crashing off the edge all the time.

You cannot. Record Attack needs no modifications added in order to be played. If you wish to join a game, the server has to be using Bonuschars. If it is, just join without any mods like bonuschars active, and they will be added as you join.

...turning is incredibly difficult. You have to always slow down before turning or else you crash or fall off ledge.

I think most racing involves slowing down for turns haha ;)

In all seriousness though, when starting out if you just let go of accelerate as you go round turns you can go round pretty much anything easily with no drama (assuming you're not boosting towards the corner). You can then work up to drifting turns. If you want to drift tighter turns though you'll need to start drifting earlier than you probably think or you'll run too wide.

It's a bummer if you don't like it though, I want as many people as possible to play so that there are always people to race :P

Is anyone else getting this "I_Error(): Z_Free: wrong id" error when trying to play online? I've been getting this error for a few hours now and it's starting to get on my nerves. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:
a few days later, I've got the slight hang of the controls.
while the old 2.0 control scheme doesn't work here, the new controls work very well, even better than the 2.0 control scheme.
but the bumping... jeeeeeeeesus, if there was anything I hated about multiplayer, it's the exaggerated bumping here. it wasn't bad in 2.0, but good lord it's INSANE.

Wow, I just saw this today and it looks ridiculously amazing...while watching the trailer, I just smiled entire time. You guys did an incredible job.

This is incredibly cool but I freaking suck at it, any tips for keeping my character on the damn track?
Some of these courses are frickin hard

Last edited:
This is incredibly cool but I freaking suck at it, any tips for keeping my character on the damn track?

Play all the tracks against the staff ghosts on Record attck to get really good

Slow down and drift less to start with. Sorry for just stating the obvious but there isn't really much else to it. As MK said, play some record attack :)

Last edited:

It is okay. I suck at this game too. I am guessing you are always last no matter what. Not just last but way last. Games suck if you are always last. They should really have a tutorial or something to help people like us. Maybe host a game and call it Newbies Only that way the good or regular players not show up and it would be more fair for you and everybody else.

Yeah gotta admit a large part of getting good comes from knowing the track.

From my own experience you're not supposed to perfect a track you've never tried before.
Applies to any racing game, or any game actually lul
When I played the stages for the first time, I was frustrated too (and I still am at the Eggman disco level)

Also, if that can secure you, the 1 player time attack mode is played on the hardest difficulty (that is the "highest speed", 150CC you'd say in Mario Kart)
So if you train enough offline, you'll eventually remember the tracks and get naturally good.

Tails (or Eggman if you prefer "curved drifting") are also forgiving if you bump/fall a lot because they're slower and have more acceletation :>

This is just a minor issue for OP, the music source listed for Diamond Sqaure is actually incorrect. The correct source is: Touch And Go from Tekken 4, just wanted to bring it up in-case no one else did.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back