The grand list of Freeware and Online games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture the Newbies Is a very fun game in the style of doom but done by Nick. Its one of the few good web games that are made by the tv show company.
Its Easy at first (being a kids game) but gets harder from there. You start off as a cadet under Zim trying to capture the newbies on another planet.
controls: WASD or arrow keys are movement.
spacebar/mouse: fire web shooter

your web shooter gets upgrades and such. You DONT have unlimited nets thought only ten at the beginning. Zim will walk you througth the rest of it.
There are twists, bosses and more. Have fun!

Passage- Simply put, it's a game about life. It's not really about how it plays, but the message it conveys to you.

Other than that, that's all I can think of right now. Although I do like how the thread's coming along though.

I Wanna Be The Guy!

To put things simply, this is a package of 8-bit machoism, that will make the Eggrock zone look like a walk in the park, if for the wrong reasons, this game is loaded with cheap and unfair deaths. Anyone who's played this game will know what I mean.

Presented with the dangers of Tetris, fake error messages, Kraidgrief, that god-awful spike tunnel and everything else that threatens to kill you in one hit.

Oh, and while your mileage may vary here, it's also pretty funny if you can get all of the old school gaming references.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3uj5dBE6Yc WHAT IS A MAN?

Project powder: http://projectpowder.outspark.com/
Its a snowboarding racing MMO game that is actually rather fun, it has a slick design amd your avatar is extreamaly editable, there are a large amount of tracks and the comunity is somewhat frendly (you wont be called a noob but you might get the odd flamer who cant take losing very well)
Its free with the option to pay for extra fetures.
Like in Air rivals my user name there is Tin_Imp so if you see me say hi.

x_x game room - A few bullet hell shmups, all done by one guy. The site is in Japanese, so you will need a translator to find the links. Also be aware that the newest game is not yet completed.

Invalid Tangram - Another shmup, but this one is also a puzzle game. As you shoot enemies, they turn into colored blocks. Match 2 or more of the same color and your ship can absorb said blocks and use the enemy's weapon for awhile. There are four colors, and yes, the abilities can be stacked for an ultimate weapon that will blast through everything.

La-Mulana - Extremely difficult platformer in which you are an archaeologist exploring a temple. It's heavily influenced by The Maze of Galious for Konami's old MSX computer, and makes many references to other games for the machine. A translation is needed, the posted link will let you download both it and the game. It is also coming to Wiiware with improved graphics, however legalities have forced them to remove the MSX references.

Actually, La-Mulana and other games can be found on Wikipedia's list of freeware games. On that page is also a link to a list of commercial games that were released as freeware.

just 1 word:Marathon! it's bungie's FPS BEFORE they made Halo! It can run on ANY computer, but is a bit diffcult to set up. but i did a how to here!
Also, if u like space sims, try the Star Wraith! series! It's at the lower part of the page. But it's a 3D space sim that has all sorts of things, and is a small download :3

Toontown.com - Toontown is an outrageous game where you can do almost anything. Create a toon and smash those cogs.

Warning: It may be too silly, grumpy toons on the loose also.

Last edited:
I'm sure PSO and the RA/CNC expansions were never released for freeware by their copyright holders. Nyerguds isn't EA/Westwood. EA only released the base game of Command & Conquer and Red Alert as freeware. Legal links to both said games:
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn
Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Hover! - Classic Win95 bundled 3D game (First Windows 95 3d game ever) where you drive off to get the blue flags before they drive off and get the red flags. Not bundled with Windows since 95, it's still lingering on the Microsoft FTP.

Continuum - Remember SubSpace? Continuum is a re-implementing of that. It is a top-down online space shooter from '96 that hasn't really changed much since. The system requirements are very low, so if you can't run it in 2009, you might as well get out of the 4th generation of computers already, cave man.

Sango Fighter - An early DOS fighting game developed in Hong Kong by Accend Software was recently purchased for its rights by the Super Fighter team and is now only recently released as freeware.

Last edited:
I'm sure PSO and the RA/CNC expansions were never released for freeware by their copyright holders. Nyerguds isn't EA/Westwood. EA only released the base game of Command & Conquer and Red Alert as freeware. Legal links to both said games:
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn
Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Considering that it's posted right on the C&C forums they're not making the slightest bit of effort to scrub the links out.

Project powder: http://projectpowder.outspark.com/
Its a snowboarding racing MMO game that is actually rather fun, it has a slick design amd your avatar is extreamaly editable, there are a large amount of tracks and the comunity is somewhat frendly (you wont be called a noob but you might get the odd flamer who cant take losing very well)
Its free with the option to pay for extra fetures.
Like in Air rivals my user name there is Tin_Imp so if you see me say hi.
You could have just said Outspark's games. Used to play on Outspark all the time (Mostly Fiesta Online), untill my computer broke. Project Powder kept crashing for me, anyway. :P

Instant Action (Online) - This currently has 8 free games in total. (I heard one was like Halo.) I've only played Marble Blast Online and ZAP, but the graphics on there are so good, you'll be amazed. (Except ZAP. That one is supposed to have basic graphics) I'm not usually one for good graphics

Is down. They closed it due to money issues.

[offtopic] InstantAction was fun when it just really had Marble Blast, but after that it got really dull and borning.[/offtopic]

InstantAction link removed. :<

Here's some more I've discovered on my recent travels.

DAN-BALL (Online) - A collection of online games. Somewhat badly translated, though. My favourites are Powder Game and Stick Ranger, the former a "world of sand" game with a twist, the latter a RPG where you raise 4 stickmen by... flinging them around. No joke.

2DCraft (Download) - A fangame of the game "Minecraft". It's 2-dimensional, as you probably guessed. Currently in pre-Alpha, this thing's worth a look.

Trisphere-RPG (Online) - A browser-based RPG with a quite interesting system. You can get a good few hours of gameplay a day out of this game. There isn't many pretty visuals mind, but what's there is of the upmost quality.

Super Smash Flash 2 (Online) - Possible the best Smash Bros. fangame ever. While the fact the first Super Smash Flash was rubbish might put you off, this one is completely different. Currently in demo stages, with 8 characters (and a working Kirby - which technically moves it up to 16), this game is not to be missed! (I have a habit of posting demo games, eh?)

with 8 characters (and a working Kirby - which technically moves it up to 16)

If there's eight characters then technically that'd be 15, not 16. Also, questionable choice of characters and no Yoshi. Ripped sprites and audio. This is not even close to being notable.

If anyone's looking for a unique experience there's Gravity Bone. It's super short though.

(As it turns out, this thread was revived by a frivolous bump. Since it's picked up steam since, however, I'm gonna keep it open.)

It's now December. For the past few Decembers I've made it my goal to try and beat the Xmas edition of Happyland Adventures. I always failed trying to pass that one cave level, though.

(Ignore their Gamebar crap; Free Lunch Design used to not be a sellout.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back