Lua scripts breaking together but not separately

Goldenhog

Wandering Protagonist
I'll try and explain with examples.

Here is Sonic Bullets by Lach. And here is a port of Badnik's Light Dash for 2.1. If you wanted to have Fang fire Sonics while Sonic gets the Light Dash, you could add both files one after the other, and they would both work. It wouldn't matter if you added the Light Dash first and Sonic Bullets later, or Sonic Bullets first and Light Dash later - in both cases, the Light Dash would look like this:

Sd0I3t6.gif

And you would know everything is working fine. Well, Sonic looks like a little off lightdashing like that but whatever.

BUT, what if you got tired of adding the files separately and wanted to fuse them into one file? Maybe you're even doing it to circumvent the file limit. You could easily do that, just open one file with SLADE and copypaste its contents in the other file. And everything should be all well and good, right?

why the f is this a video, imgur

Wrong.

So uh, what's the deal? Like I said earlier, adding the files separately doesn't do this, regardless of the method or the order. It's only when they're merged that the Light Dash freaks out like that. Probably happens with plenty other scripts too but I was working on something and using this Light Dash and I spent the better part of the last three days trying to figure out what it was in my scripts that was breaking it and then it turns out it was the game! Bah.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back