Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, um, what exactly are you fixing in the netcode? The colornone players, joinspam that (rarely) occurs after somebody leaves, nearly every SOC/level consistency-failing players so easily, etc?

No, they're fixing bugs that occur in the 2.1 build and make netplay impossible. It's not anything you can observe in 2.0.

From what I've gathered, the problem isn't that there are many bugs, the problem is that those bugs are complicated to fix and you need multiple computers to test if they're gone.

Too bad there isn't a way to separate the code into specific parts (DLLs?) so that it's easier to get others to test rather than one person doing it by themselves by just updating specific files rather waiting for an entire executable to compile every time, then combining it all for a new version.
You guys should do this because I know you want to completely recreate an engine that has a high chance of being fairly unstable with a new file use system and (probably) new rendering system.[/sarcasm]

From what I've gathered, the problem isn't that there are many bugs, the problem is that those bugs are complicated to fix and you need multiple computers to test if they're gone.

Ahhh, great memories... which is why I always made sure I had several clunkers on hand hooked up to a LAN.

Nowadays in this fancy techno greek facebook twitter iphone age, couldn't you just have a couple virtual machines?

Yeah no even Age of Empires 2 lags like hell in a VM. It could probably be used to check SOME errors though.

You can't run multiple instances of SRB2 on a single system?

There's a way to do it, but I always forgot, and found it easier just to use two machines.

I can't wait to see the new shield orbs, the Armaggeddon one is awesome! I also like the implementation of Ring and Score attack, they'll encourage collecting Rings over just blasting through the levels! Everything looks good, I hope you get that thing fixed soon.
By the way, while the new version will shine in improvements, new features and polish, it seems it'll make up for that with little Single Player advancement. Is there any new completed SP level besides CEZ3?

There aren't any new levels besides CEZ3, but most of the levels have been modified to some extent. In some cases it's just small fixes and improvements (DSZ), in some cases it's a serious revamp (THZ1, CEZ1) and in the case of CEZ2, half of the level is entirely new. There are only four levels missing anyway, if you think about it: the second and third acts of ACZ and RVZ.

Actually, that was just a little filler with the eggmobile sprite, so you HAVEN'T seen it. =P

If I'm not mistaken (I probably am), it was the old SRB2 final boss. It was regular Eggmobile sprite with spike-balls going around it and more laser.

It's probably something else that nobody has really seen yet, though.

EDIT: Yeah probably something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back