my WAD isn't working and I don't know why

Lboi17

I am new to making mods to this mod of a mod, so I don't know what I did wrong, but when I load up my WAD in SRB2Kart, it crashes and says: "R_AddSkins: syntax error in S_SKIN lump#11 (S_SKIN) in WAD C:\users\(my user)\Desktop\SRB2Kart\(my character).wad" does anyone know what that means and\or can help me fix it?

I posted on the wrong thread, I think, I am doing a mod for SRB2 KART, does that matter? is there something different I need to do?

now live this to a moderator or an admin to see what they will do but you post in help ! i think yes no problem ! THIS IS MY MIND

The S_SKIN is a special text lump used to define characters in both SRB2 and SRB2 Kart.
Here's an example of how it looks like from Vannila SRB2 :
Code:
name = Idreia
ability = CA_DOUBLEJUMP
ability2 = CA2_NONE
normalspeed = 36
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 112
acceleration = 42
startcolor = 200
prefcolor = Wave
supercolor = Sky
prefoppositecolor = Peridot
jumpfactor = 1

SRB2 Kart also needs the S_SKIN text but it's different from the vannila srb2. The only thing that doesn't change is the name and the prefcolor iirc. You can check how to do a character by viewing other characters add-ons to see how they work or you can use Kartmaker. If you want to know more about the S_SKIN, you can click on this link. The wiki has all the information you'll need.

Last edited:
The S_SKIN is a special text lump used to define characters in both SRB2 and SRB2 Kart.
Here's an example of how it looks like from Vannila SRB2 :
Code:
name = Idreia
ability = CA_DOUBLEJUMP
ability2 = CA2_NONE
normalspeed = 36
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 112
acceleration = 42
startcolor = 200
prefcolor = Wave
supercolor = Sky
prefoppositecolor = Peridot
jumpfactor = 1

SRB2 Kart also needs the S_SKIN text but it's different from the vannila srb2. The only thing that doesn't change is the name and the prefcolor iirc. You can check how to do a character by viewing other characters add-ons to see how they work or you can use Kartmaker. If you want to know more about the S_SKIN, you can click on this link. The wiki has all the information you'll need.
it doesn't work

Can you show what your S_SKIN looks like?
1695454236381.png

*the s_skin image
The super color in it is making your addon not work, probably because it does not exist in it, the wiki shows the possible colors that you can define by default here.

The hudname is also what's causing it to not function, you should fill something in it for the addon to work properly.

Also apologies for the late reply, last days have been busy.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back