Icezer, how did you make the running sprites change when super dash mode is on?

To put it simply, I made Super Dash Mode it's own state. This means that instead of simply applying everything onto the base run, once SDM speed is reached the player enters a new state altogether. This allows me to do things like give specific effects, make specific checks, and of course, change the player sprites.

5.1 has been released. There was a pesky bug that has been finally fixed, along with a new bug being found (and fixed.) I also gave Super Sonic some more visual flair while I was at it.

Version 5.5 is out. Originally planned to be a hotfix, this update adds one more new feature to Alt Sonic as well as changing the Instaspin sound effect.

EDIT: Fixed an oversight in the code that would make the game spit an error at you. Please download 5.5 again.
EDIT 2: Ditto the above. Please download again.

Last edited:
Version 6, the biggest update of them all, is here. There's a lot of changes, so I highly recommend reading the changelog and main post. There is also now an md3 model for Alt Sonic, so enjoy that.

what do i write for the 3d alt sonic model where you hate to write the models
I have put the directions for this in the main post. Perhaps I should have done that in the first place, haha.

I originally just used Jeck's 2.2 Sonic model for Alt Sonic with a separate edited model for Dash Mode, but this is official :D

Do not ask me how I got hyper alt sonic, this feature id INCLUDED with the mod. That's all I can say, you're gonna need super first though....

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 197
If you guys like hyper alt, you're gonna love what I got in store for y'all with an upcoming mod of mine =)

That aside, altsonic truly is one of the best characters here on the mb. Unlike other dashmode characters, his moveset actually makes sense for the ability, he's entirely built around it. The sheer ammount of time you've put into this mod really shows, ice. There are very few characters with this level of polish here.

Last edited:
Wow, it keeps getting better and better!
Although, I guess I'll have to reformat my model now...
Either way, nice update!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back