Fixed Turning super right before you hit the ground doesn't play animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacker

Metallic
Title.
iFfzz8j.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than the fact that it's probably ridiculously hard to pull off on the first attempt I'm pretty sure speedrunning specific levels means doing it without the emeralds, so no super.
Unless you mean an all-emeralds speedrun of the entire game, I guess.

I seem to have fixed this issue here. Super transformations didn't actually freeze momentum, they just cut it in half. Because of this, you could move down slowly and if you were low enough, touch the ground to cancel out the animation.

Ugh, thank God Wolfy. I've been wanting that change for a long time. It's annoying losing all the speed you have because you went Into transform frames, rather than retaining it and being able to clear large gaps.

Ugh, thank God Wolfy. I've been wanting that change for a long time. It's annoying losing all the speed you have because you went Into transform frames, rather than retaining it and being able to clear large gaps.
...it seems you've misinterpreted my change. The problem before was that the game didn't freeze momentum, meaning you could slowly fall when you transformed. My fix actually freezes the momentum, eliminating the chance of canceling out the transform frames. It does not behave any differently otherwise.

Pfft, well that's quite disappointing. It's like fixing the issue I already hated to be even more annoying, yet properly functioning in it's case.

Ive always found the super form quite an annoyance, due to the way the platforming is in this game. Plus you can only go super with sonic in SP which kinda makes it worse. So honestly, the momentum killer of it never really bother me. Also, Yacker, how in the world did you discover this glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back