Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicbots.png

Can you Make a Brown one in those? =3

Just get a photobucket account. Its free and how I do all my re-coloring.

Hallo Jeckie!
Gotta know your progress on those enemies' MD2s that you were developing.

Please don't tell me that you've abandoned them.

And anotha thing: How do I apply that Sonic Sim's MD2s on the bots in SRB2Cine?

Well, bots from SRB2Cineblast are the characters so they will be the same MD2 as you are using.

News!

OK, Yoshi, going great! Not only have I animated it well, but I also created a SOC and custom ability that really simulates "flutter jump." Basically, its a super powerful tails flight, but it cuts off quick going to tired fly. Used correctly, it can reach a hight of a little more than a double jump, and used off a crawla bounce it can go even higher! One down side is the lack of ability for multilayer. The SOC is separate from the WAD, so it also cuts Tails' fly short, If anyone can explain how to combine the SOC and WAD so it only works for Yoshi PM me. (but if your using an MD2 you most likely not online anyway.) A while ago I used some Yoshi Island sprites as a base for a Yoshi.wad and I might try and release that. (not on this thread of course, in submissions. and trust me, it's not anything close to "just a rip" all the sprites have been scaled up and edit to make less pixly.)
CSONA3A7.png

(Of course they need some fixing-up, such as the front frames look horrid. Most Sprites are done, and ALL are custom animated, these are the only four frames I used from the rips.)
Sorry for my off topicness, but I didn't feel that needed a whole new thread. If you could keep Yoshi.wad comments to a minimum, and PM if you want to elaborate.
And Kim, I have not given up hope, in fact, I'm almost done with enemies as well.

Jeck, it might really be better to just make a topic about that yoshi, anyway, have you got any plans for new MD2s?

Wow! These MD2s are great! Especially Toon Link!!!! I love Zelda, so that MD2 is like the only one I use. I sometimes use Flare, beacause I like the look of him. Great Job, and keep it up my friend!

In a nutshell, The MD2's work out and play great!
Only one little thing needs tweaking.
Well, the Sonic's [Except Shuffle Sonic.] need a color for Super form. I used a Super Monitor to test out their super, but their spikes only stood up, Instead of turning gold/yellow/blonde. Plus, Their transformation, It's them running midair, It could use fixing.
Overall, It's amazing MD2s!

In a nutshell, The MD2's work out and play great!
Only one little thing needs tweaking.
Well, the Sonic's [Except Shuffle Sonic.] need a color for Super form. I used a Super Monitor to test out their super, but their spikes only stood up, Instead of turning gold/yellow/blonde. Plus, Their transformation, It's them running midair, It could use fixing.
Overall, It's amazing MD2s!

You'd need to use a color changer wad to make them change colors.

I reanimated the MD2s I have to transform. Jeck always forgets that.

I know I sound stupid asking this, but how do you import the MD2 files into SRB2 so you can use them?

Well, Where might I get a Color Changer wad?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I know I sound stupid asking this, but how do you import the MD2 files into SRB2 so you can use them?

You need to also download the SRB2 Net Launcher. You also need a separate folder IN the SRB2 folder. Be sure to rename the folder to "MD2". Put the MD2 files you want to use (Be sure to put allthe enemy MD2's in the folder). Don't forget the MD2.dat file with the files. Then, Open the net launcher, and go to "Main Options" and check "OpenGL Mode" then run the game.

After you get to the menu, Open the Console (Hit ~) and type "GR_MD2 1" to activate them. To deactivate MD2 in game, Open the console and enter "GR_MD2 0"

Should I leave the MD2 files in their folders when I put them in the MD2 folder, or take them out?

Copy the MD2 files themselves, Then put the MD2's in the MD2 folder. Plus, The MD2.dat and all the Enemies MD2s.

Well, It seemed to work when I did it.

Another thing, What program is used to make these MD2's? I plan to make one of my OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back