• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Yoshi.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-Up said:
What other wads did you use with Yoshi? or were you using a version of SRB2 other than 1.09.2?

Geez. Must we educate every single person that 1.09.2 is outdated? 1.09.3.4 is the newest version.

Also Yoshi DOES spin. (Super Smash Bros Melee)
Although that is not correctly made. I will try to remake him, however he will be still 2d.
I have 109.3.4, but most multiplayers use 109.2, plus i have everything unlocked in 109.2

Could an expert at making characters please tell me why it is combining Yoshi's running and flying sprites, and explain how to fix it. (his out of flight energy sprite is supposed to be his flying)

1-Up said:
Could an expert at making characters please tell me why it is combining Yoshi's running and flying sprites, and explain how to fix it. (his out of flight energy sprite is supposed to be his flying)

You probably have your entries names incorrectly. Look in tails.plr to see all of the different animations you need. Chances are that you put in the wrong letters for the animations, or left out another animation, thus throwing off the rest.

Um, I thought Yoshi just starts running when he is out of flight energy.

Anyways,

http://www.sepwich.com/hotdog/stars/index.php?title=Character_WADs

Everything you need to know about character wadding, including the proper file names.

Oh, and there IS a 3-D yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine. If you have troubles with that, though, I could try making a basic yoshi outline for you. That way, you still do all of the animating and spirting, but then it's 3-d.

A few more things:

Yoshi, when he spins, is inside an egg. Don't ask why, he just is. If you want to know, ask Nintendo. Yoshi says "VRRMMMM" when he flys, so that would be a better fly sound for him. And last, but not least, I have an idea for his pickup sprite. It could have his feet gripping an egg, which coers up the player he is carrying...

Thank you very much for the suggestions Shadowater.
I have been debating on whether or not to make Yoshi not have spin or have a weird egg sprite for jumping.
Also I could use some help with drawings.
I have Super Mario Sunshine, but I am not sure how to take good screenshots and edit them.
I read the link you gave me when I made this I followed most of it but Stars is incomplete.
As for the sound when flying I could not find one on the web. I could record one but it might sound fuzzy.

Your Welcome. I only save the insults for people who make bad Tails-related wads (e.g Super Tails). And even then, I at least give ideas on how to improve it. I personally hate it when people do nothing but insult me (Glares at Chaos Zero 64)

Anyways, just record yourself saying, "vvvmmm," and the fuzzyness should make it sound right.

Stars was all I needed (along with some tails sprites) to make Tails Doll.

Try looking up (in the quotes) "Super Marion Sunshine" and go to images. You should find at least one good picture of yoshi...

All I really need is a picture of his front, back, side, and angle shots. Then I could make you an outline. Other than that, it might look like crap. I mean, sure I'm good at spriting, but making a scratch yoshi outline?

Thank you FoxBlitz
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I do not know what I did but the sounds are not working help?
Also I wont be able to work on it much this week because I have a paper to write but maybe this weekend.

I could probably do the technical work of the WAD. When adding sounds, you have to add them in a certain way. Normally it's a good idea to convert them to DOOM Wave format (bad idea for higher quality samples and music), and you must also rename the sound lump to the one you want to replace it with. Otherwise you won't hear it. :P

And I'll see what I can do about the outline. I could make one from scratch pretty well.

Edit: Front and back outlines:

YOSHA1.png
YOSHA5.png

I used the Paper Mario 2 Koopa Audience Member as a reference for these.
Dotted line represents the cheek cut-off.
Edit 2: Fixed the cheek cut-off. I knew it looked a bit funny.

Oh yeah, and he's supposed to be standing upright. If you dare make him bent down like in Super Mario World, I will find you and stick a needle in you.

I'll test it after I eat supper, but here's a little coloring job that I decided to do on the front standing sprite:

YOSHA5v2.png

Shading could use some work...

FoxBlitzz said:
I'll test it after I eat supper, but here's a little coloring job that I decided to do on the front standing sprite:

YOSHA5v2.png

Shading could use some work...

*Clapping*

It has most of the same sprites, but it is a lot smaller and no more ugly flying jumping or spinning sprites. I will add more to it when I have time. If you really want a 3d yoshi I could change his filename to yoshi2d so that I could work on a 3d one.
I have SM64DS, so maybe I could get shots of that...

Game ripped sprites don't fit into SRB2 very well (with the exception of Sora and Riku...well actually...they're too small). I suggest that you rip them, then edit them. (Add outlines, and tone down shading.)

YOSHA5v3.png

Changed the shading a bit so it's better now. Though I think I'll change the edges so that they aren't black.

YOSHA5v4.png

Edit: And the version with lightened outlines. I think this will be the final design. In fact, I might take this whole project on myself.

Edit 2: 1-Up, I think you need to learn how to import sounds correctly. You must convert them to DOOM Wave, or speed them up in an audio editor. And eww, the graphics have pixel resize. And you still aren't consistent with the graphics... Why didn't you use just the 8-bit-ish Yoshi for all the frames? The one you have for standing and walking is very ugly, and quite frankly, needs to die. No offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back