• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Pac-Ghost.WAD (Pac-Man Ghosts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicktendoProductions

Username's kinda awkward...
I noticed that the user "Terra" was in the middle of editing a Pac-Man character: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=38178 so I decided to make a counterpart to it; a ghost. I already have some sprites made, I am fully open to suggestions and constructive criticism. I'm not naming it specifically as one of the ghosts (Blinky, Inky, Pinky & Clyde) because you'll be able to play as which ever ghost you want considering changing colors, but in single player, you'll be red.

G1.png

G2.png

G3.png

G4.png

G5.png

I know its not much, but I will improve it

I don't think playing as a ghost could liven up SRB2, but a Chasing Ghost Mod for match/ctf could be interesting. But that is an opinion. As for the sprites, I think it needs some shading, and should at least have some fluid animation (but uh, wait for MotorRoach to give you real advice.)

POSSA1.png

Look at the Crawla sprite, and now back at any of your sprites. Do you see the issue here? The Crawla takes a certain source of light (almost directly from above in this case) and uses shades of blue depending on where the light hits/doesn't hit. There's also color variation, via the addition of grey.

Your sprites are almost completely a solid colour (you tried to give shading to one but...) and feel extremely flat as a result. When working with these, assume you're shading some sort of cylinder (or perhaps something like an aspirin, you know, since it's spherical at the edges), pick a light source for yourself and try to tone it according to what it shows. (For example, pretend the ghost is a sheet, give it shades around places where a real sheet would fold in on itself. ONLY if you want it to look like a sheet though.)

Also the bottom of the sheets are a little jagged or something I dunno

latest
This project would be far more interesting if you based the design off of one of the ghosts from Pac-Man World, rather than straight out of the original arcade game.

Take Zippers advice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back