• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A console.wad Update! (3 years later >.>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Well.. I got bored of this project for a while and sat it aside for a few months and finally finished a new map (and deleted one).
I may continue this wad if anyone actually LIKES it, so some feedback on this thing would be nice.

Screenshots!
The PS2
SRB2003.png

The Gamecube..
SRB2000.png

OMG, it is teh SNES
SRB2001.png

Last, the wad ^_^: http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/Console.zip

Edit: Oh yeah, credit goes to hotdog003 for helping me out on the SNES map! Thanks, mon ;P

Wow, how did you get the screenshots to dither all crazy? I'm not sure I could make my screenshots look that bad if I tried!

Oh dear, picking on the screenshots again. Well, I believe I've said this to you on IRC before (I was thinking it pretty hard!), but anyway, I greatly enjoy the PS2 and SNES maps. The GameCube is decent, it works, it's not especially remarkable though.

What do you mean continue this wad, make more game systems? Anything that inspires good designs is a good idea. I've never actually seen any of these game systems in real life.

Yeah, I made them look like crap on purpose so it would load faster for slow people ^^

Actually, the dithering makes file sizes bigger. Use "Nearest Color" reduction next time instead.

SRB2 screenshots are 256 colors, so I don't see why you would need to do any reducing.

hotdog003 said:
Oh you're welcome, Shaflugi. Nice wad! I really like the text on the PS2. Very accurate.

Heh, it better be accurate, I had to sit there and stare back and forth at my PS2 to get it right ;D

*Waits for ideas to pop into his mind*

How about any of the Game Boys? The Advance would make for an interesting arena...

Or what about the Genesis, Saturn, or Dreamcast? Take Sonic back to his roots, perhaps?

It turns out that the NES was ultra supra easy to make, it's already done (aside from the map header and rings)

N-Gage is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to hand-held consoles. Besides the rediculous price, the games are poorly-done ports of other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back