Sonic Robo Blast 2's 20th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem with the new ACZ is that most Sonic game music has extremely memorable melodies, which are in the spotlight throughout the entire track. They are catchy, easy to sing, and generally a bit poppy. The new ACZ music is a fine composition, but making it less atmospheric and more melodic would be a good move for a Sonic game.

Couldn't say it any better. Gotta be able to hum it.

In my opinion, my top 3 SRB2 tunes are:
1) Nimbus Ruins Zone
2) Egg Rock Zone (Act 1)
3) Arid Canyon Zone (Act 1)
I think you guys have the best soundtrack out of any Sonic fangame, hell it could even be compared to OFFICIAL tracks in Sonic games :P

Whatever happened to that other unused ACZ track, is this new music for ACZ2?, I thought the unused one was somewhat good but kinda less "energetic" compared to ACZ1 music.

Last edited:
Wow so uhh... I don't remember how many years it's been since I posted here, but I just saw the preview vid and had to pop in, since this game was such an important thing to me.

I just really appreciate you all for keeping this up for so many years, team members old and new. At like 14 years old, it was the first game that got me to work hard on custom content (even if it was all trash) and I was always just fine with it being kind of a basic 3D engine I could play with. 2.0 hit and I couldn't believe the quality jump. It was the first update to the game I experienced and it brought me back for a good year or two. What you've all done with it this time around is so absolutely touching and I can't wait to revisit this world once again. It's almost like returning home after years of being away.

I'm in disbelief I'm actually seeing Blue Mountain come alive. Tails flying(?) through DSZ is absolutely breathtaking. I love seeing the lighting finally effect the characters. Of course slope hype, and after so many iterations, Castle Eggman actually looks like a level I want to play. It's gorgeous.

But OK. Music. So I don't want to be super negative but oh my good the sound design on these two tracks really needs to improve. I need that oboe back in GFZ or at least another woodwind in it's place, and those are the weakest drums I've heard in the ACZ-like track. At least get that snare drum a little more oomph. I also hope that the composition isn't meant to replace either ACZ tracks, since I let it sit for 10 minutes after looping it and can't remember any part of the melody.
I get the point in re-hauling everything, but I'd be more pleased if they at least had a chance in matching the quality of the original tracks...
Feelings on individual tracks aside, the aim is to replace the entire soundtrack (or at least as much as possible) to match the increased production standards everywhere else.
Like unfortunately, I feel the complete opposite is happening here and the current soundtrack already sounds dated...

Last edited:
Not to take the wind out of your sails but that's not Blue Mountain, that level got cut. It's Frozen Hillside, a level from one of the OLDCs that the devs will add to the game as an unlockable.

Beyond me why anyone thinks that's Blue Mountain Zone in the first place, especially when we canned the idea before 2.0 even came out ...right?

2.0 had a very early Blue Mountain act 2 concept level in it.
the stage could be warped to, but not accessed during normal game play.

Last edited:
Green Flower Zone - Another Time, Another Place

Considering all the controversy around the GFZ music, I tried my hand at yet another Green Flower Zone OST Remake. I've done some reharmonization, and made the chord progression a bit more poppy. It's somewhat a combination and renewal of my older chiptune remakes. This time, however, I've left the BPM in tact, and made the instruments a bit closer to the original OST's instruments. It's still a WIP, and I need to mix/master, but what do you guys think?

Thanks Smith and Rodeo, I'm glad you guys like it! Also, I forgot to enable downloads...just turned that on :P!

Green Flower Zone - Another Time, Another Place

Considering all the controversy around the GFZ music, I tried my hand at yet another Green Flower Zone OST Remake. I've done some reharmonization, and made the chord progression a bit more poppy. It's somewhat a combination and renewal of my older chiptune remakes. This time, however, I've left the BPM in tact, and made the instruments a bit closer to the original OST's instruments. It's still a WIP, and I need to mix/master, but what do you guys think?

Pretty good! :)

I think this one is still my favorite. Nice and simple.

SRB2 is looking better than ever! It's strange to think that this charming little fan game is almost as old as me, and still in active development with an ever growing community.

Congratulations on twenty years! This game has been a blast for the last ten years of my life, and I'm excited to see what its future holds!

But most importantly, I'd like to thank the development staff for staying so dedicated to this game, it really is admirable that you guys have kept this game alive for so long!

VERY well done guys! This made me more hype for 2.2 than ever. One thing that I happened to notice in the trailer were the shields, specifically from 0:24-0:40. We see that the Force Shield can take 2 hits and has a new ability. The Attraction Shield attracts rings, shorts out in liquids, and can do a homing attack of sorts. But for the Elemental Shield all we see is that it has a kinda stomp move. From what I've noticed in the first clip it's a character getting a shield, the second is what it does passively (?), and the third is what its main ability is. In the Elemental Shield's second clip, what is it doing? Is there something i'm not seeing, random gameplay, or am I thinking too hard on it? Other than that I really want to thank all the devs for 20 years of determination, motivation, and most importantly the love you put into this awesome game.

The elemental shield's jump-spin is essentially a ground pound. You fireball straight down, piercing through enemies and monitors (no bounce).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back