This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

TDRR

my old posts are very dumb (formerly rayfan)
Puffy AmiYumi rock their way into the race!

attachment.php

attachment.php

As shown by the screenshots, Ami is a middle speed and weight character. I chose these stats since I wanted to reference her usually more relaxed style compared to Yumi, and how she represents easy mode in "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi: The Genie and the Amp" (a crappy DS game about the show), but at the same time I didn't want to make her a character only a beginner would play as.
Yumi is a high-speed mid-low weight character, so she's almost the opposite of Ami. You'll want to keep the drifting going to maintain top speed as much as you can!

They currently doesn't speak (except for the "gloat" sound), but since I know how much of a (sometimes unintentional) procrastinator I am, I put it up here so I would get a bit more motivation to rewatch the show for some voicelines.

v4 (20/08/2021):
-Yumi now has her 3D model, too!

-Added more voicelines.

v3 (12/04/2020):
-Ami's signpost, wanted and rank graphics have been completely remade.

-Fixed the 3D model for Ami not loading, as a result of a mistake in v2.

-Both Ami and Yumi's eyes now look into the correct direction when drifting.

-Made Yumi's wanted graphic background white, for consistency.

-General sprite cleanup.

HHPAY pack v2 (12/04/2020):
-Added Yumi, say hello!

Ami v2, pre-Puffy AmiYumi pack:
-Added MD3 model

-Internal name changed to "AMIO" (short for Ami Onuki of course), to avoid incompatibilities with other 2 characters also named Ami.

(NOTE: this will only work if you extracted all of the contents of the .zip file to your SRB2Kart folder/directory)
To add the models to your game, open mdls.dat with a text editor and add these lines to the end of the file:
AMIO KDLC/AMIO.md3 3.0 0.0
YUMIY KDLC/YUMIY.md3 3.0 0.0

Credits:
-All the fine folks at the Discord server for feedback on the sprites and model.
-IgnitionGrimmy, for providing some voicelines.
-Jeck Jims for his EmptyKart.mm3d and the guys at the Discord server for telling me about it's existence.
-The obvious, like iD software for Doom, Boris Pereira and Fabrice Denis for Doom Legacy, Sonic Team Jr. for SRB2, Kart Krew for SRB2Kart, SEGA for Sonic, Sam Register for Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, etc.

Attachments

• ami_sprite.png
    ami_sprite.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,230
  • ami_model.png
    ami_model.png
    84 KB · Views: 3,066
  • kart0052.jpg
    kart0052.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,916
  • fullbody signpost (3).png
    fullbody signpost (3).png
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,541
  • kart0055.png
    kart0055.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 8,502
  • kart0056.png
    kart0056.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 6,655
  • AmiYumi_MD3.zip
    268.1 KB · Views: 318
  • KC_PuffyAmiYumi-v4.pk3
    724.1 KB · Views: 425
  • kart0069.png
    kart0069.png
    434.1 KB · Views: 1,202
Last edited:
Updated, now Ami has a 3D model, and I changed her internal name to "AMIO" to avoid conflicts with 2 other characters also named Ami.

Updated, now this is a pack with both Ami and Yumi, so the duo is finally reunited as it should always been!

EDIT: If you got a notification for an update to version 2 after having already downloaded KC_PuffyAmiYumi-v2.pk3, sorry, it was just the result of me setting the wrong version in the thread title and details.

EDIT2: Sorry guys, but I accidentally broke the 3D model for v2! I'm currently respriting some of Ami's graphics, so please stand by and a full update will be posted with the fix and some new sprites.

Last edited:
Updated, now Ami got new signpost, rank and wanted graphics, plus her model works again! Please redownload all files, and the model too since I changed the texture file.

I also did a general clean up to the sprites, so some coloring issues and a small detail when drifting should now be fixed.

What is happening? I don't hear any voices.
I mentioned this in the OP.
They currently don't speak (except for the "gloat" sound)
Honestly, I'm not sure when I'll actually add the voices since I need to download the episodes in english and I can't find any good download links. I was thinking about just adding them in spanish but probably everyone would hate that. I also have the pilot but there aren't really any lines I could use from it.

0/10 Where is Jack Paul from Goanimate?
What? What does that have to do with HHPAY? lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back