PSP GO Video leaked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for the PSP 3000 to be hacked. Because it's modded, there's no need to use UMD's. They're kinda loud, and offer loading times. This new PSP does sound neat, but of course, I'll wait until hackers find a way to mod it first. And if hacking it yourself is safe and easy to do.

The PSP graphics have lately shown its downside. Textures are good, but models can show off their sharp pointy sides that lets you tell the difference between console and handheld. If the specs were mentioned in that video or on Wikipedia, I would have to check again, hoping that it has greatly improved. Memory storage too, for games. Comparing games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, you can tell how the PSP version has the same levels, models, and moves, but there's no actual voice sounds for text-reading.

Still waiting? What for? There's a TIFF exploit for firmware version 5.03, with a homebrew enabler and everything. Works perfectly well with the PSP 3000. That's about as hacked as it's going to get without reverse-engineering the IPL, which to my understanding is the only thing really standing in the way of custom firmware. But that is quite a ways off, if it's likely to happen at all.

As for this new model, I have to say I'm not impressed at all. The build quality seems flimsy at best, and its form factor looks genuinely uncomfortable to hold while actually playing games. I'd rather see the current form factor with an improved analog input or a d-pad you can actually do diagonals on without modding. Instead, thanks to the "slider" design, all the face buttons as well as the analog nub are recessed into the shell, making them potentially more difficult to use. And, speaking of buttons, where has the rest of the home row gone? I don't see volume control, screen brightness, or mute anywhere.

Looks completely useless from a playability factor. Sony's only doing it to rank in some more cash and stop piracy. A smooth business move, but not enough to make me want to buy a new PSP.

Jurai_Madman said:
Then what would it play? Carts? GC discs? PS1 discs? PS2 discs? PS3 discs?
You just download the games.
EDIT: Looking at the short gameplay clips, it actually appears to have a lot better graphics.

If anything, isn't playing games directly from memory going to help piracy...?

Of course!
But don't worry, I'm sure they got super new firmware and technology that makes it totally impossible to hack ever! No one's ever going to get past this new firmware! Never!

The fact that they're killing UMDs makes this a hilarious presentation of bad hardware design.

The fact that they're killing UMDs is probably going to have a negative effect on Game stop carrying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back