The doctors proposition for further Eggrock development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening, or morning, or perhaps even afternoon. Time zones are meaningless when you live in a space station and the robotic workers can operate all the time.

You may recall my last topic made on these forums, located here http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30947 for those who were not present during my last public discussion with the SRB2 community about the future of the project.

But, I am digressing from the subject I came to discuss, as of recent times. I have done further development into an experiment named the “E.G.G.R.B. 2” project.

Excellent
Genius
Grabs
Rare
Bot
And then makes more than 2

As you may be able to gather from my excellent acronym, I have recaptured Metal Sonic after the “Heroes” incident and brought him back into the fold. But you will fight not one, but TWO robots. For in, spite of the many strange “coop netgame” attacks on my territory that have occurred. I have begun mass production of my Metal Sonic model. (In fact, you may have seen me testing the MetalSonic.exe out in Match and CTF games recently)

As such, I propose the following change to SRB2. As the player approaches my personal chambers deep within the belly of the Eggrock, instead of facing just one Metal Sonic, the invading force of “coop netgamers” must do battle with an equal number of robots as there are technicolor woodland animals in my space station. Why? Because this serves as balanced game play and it would not affect the Single Player campaign that you developers seem to love so much. Besides... I am confident that my changes to the new invincible Metal Sonic is more than enough to defeat Tails, Knuckles or even Sonic if either of them come alone.

Furthermore, I put the suggestion forward that these mass produced Metal Sonic models can be seen as decorative scenery near the end of Eggrock act 2, scrolling along on a conveyor belt outside the windows shown on these two screenshots.

http://img191.imageshack.us/i/srb20005.png/
http://img227.imageshack.us/i/srb20004.png/

With my suggestions put forward, I look forward to hearing of their successful implimentation to Eggrock act 2 soon.

Last edited:
INB4 the topic gets spammed into oblivion

May I offer a suggestion? If one of these new Metal Sonic models falls, then teleport the one responsible to a room with additional quantities of Metal Sonics, venting atmosphere if necessary.

May I offer a suggestion? If one of these new Metal Sonic models falls, then teleport the one responsible to a room with additional quantities of Metal Sonics, venting atmosphere if necessary.
While your input is appreciated, this is a flawed plan for the following reasons.

1. Teleporters are difficult to produce and unwieldy to use, they are also inaccurate as weapons, complete with a large charge time. As a result, even my GFZ eggmobile could do more damage than that plan.
  2. Ever put a plane in space? It doesn't work. Metal Sonic's engine is similar, put Metal Sonic in space and the engine build used for this model will not function. To give him rocket engines is not practical for a land based robot.

Mr. Robotnik, when will you learn... Sonic and friends will always continue to pwn you. No matter how Sonic 06-y they get.

This is actually a good idea. Fighting Metal Sonic as a mini boss in Egg Rock would be epic and fighting even more in coop even MORE epic.

Imagine yourself on the boss room with other 9 players... 10 Metal's appear! The fight starts! Tails and Knuckles flying against the walls while being beaten down by those machines while Sonics try to dodge the Metal Sonic Rain.

A pain to program I think and too good to be true... But hey... SRB2 is too good to be true after all!

Why Metal Sonic? Why not have a Metal Knuckles for every echidna that stops on your doorstep, and a Tails Doll for every fox? Actually, I don't think your genius can handle multitasking like that, all your little one track brilliant mind can do is send a hoard of robots after Sonic while awakening a terrible evil and then groveling on your whiskers and knees lest the beast you stirred be the one to stir you.

Eggman is a moron.

Maybe that's why he keeps getting pwned?

This is an absolute atrocity, Robotnik. I don't care how many Metal Sonic's you send after the hedgehog, the fox, and the Jamaican ant eater; if it comes to that, I will come down off of my mountain and defeat you myself!

Why Metal Sonic? Why not have a Metal Knuckles for every echidna that stops on your doorstep, and a Tails Doll for every fox?
Actually, I had taken this point into consideration. However, I require my Metal Sonic Coop Netgame Stopping Squad (M.S.C.N.S.S. for short) to be mass produced and so I had to settle for only one model. I understand you are an artist of some kind, and so I'm sure you understand the need to forsake silly trivial details and focus only on the ones that matter.

That, and the last time I created the Tails Doll, the internet reacted poorly. I want to avoid that silly "curse" myth.

Eggman is a moron.
Well, good thing this is Robotnik speaking, then isn't it?

Also, for this insult. You have shown a strong will, good. You will make a prime candidate for transformation into one of my Snailer models once I transform you into a robot.

I will come down off of my mountain and defeat you myself!

I believe you misunderstand, come up from the mountain. I am in space and you cannot touch me.

Hehe, wouldja look at that. The great Ivo Robotnik is afraid of what the internet might think of his methods. Nevermind the fact that he's been a laughing stock since... well... since he lost the first time to a little woodland critter.
Personally I'd think that making stuffed dolls possessed by some other-worldly demon builds a more solid rep than using fuzzy critters to power useless metal shells. And all those that COULD think for themselves ended up rebelling... what does that tell you?

Seriously Robo-dude... dolls is the way to go. A wimp backs down to the internet, but a REAL evil genius would respond with an entire horde of haunted dolls to infiltrate into the fabric (haha) of the world's reality and capture their souls for you to power Eggmanland. With that kind of tremendous power, who NEEDS fuzzy critters or glowing emmies?

Actually, I had taken this point into consideration. However, I require my Metal Sonic Coop Netgame Stopping Squad (M.S.C.N.S.S. for short) to be mass produced and so I had to settle for only one model. I understand you are an artist of some kind, and so I'm sure you understand the need to forsake silly trivial details and focus only on the ones that matter.

That, and the last time I created the Tails Doll, the internet reacted poorly. I want to avoid that silly "curse" myth.
Hey Robotnik, how about putting Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles, and Metal Tails (Tails Doll for the n00bs) in the rock eh?

Well, good thing this is Robotnik speaking, then isn't it?

Also, for this insult. You have shown a strong will, good. You will make a prime candidate for transformation into one of my Snailer models once I transform you into a robot.
Well you are NOT TURNING ME INTO NO STUPID ROBOT! Well, unless you capture me which is literally impossible due to my speed of 5 175,623,412 mph. Well actually when you think about it, being a robot godhog doesn't sound to bad...

With that kind of tremendous power, who NEEDS fuzzy critters or glowing emmies?
I like your thinking JEV3! Thanks for providing information for me to destroy the universe! *Evil Laugh*

Last edited:
I have an idea, Robotnik!

Set all the rings on fire. That way, no one can collect them, and Sonic should be dead by the time he reaches Red Volcano Zone.

Last time I checked, gold wasn't flammable.

Also, create sharps that never stop spinning!

Dear Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik,

I am simply unable to understand your silly infatuation with robots. Your techniques employed in the production process are geared towards a quantity of robots primarily, and thus leaves the robots unable to absolutely anything when given only the necessary parts to function. Your focus on quantity seems to come from the notion that no single robot will be able to defeat a technicolor woodland critter, therefore it will always be necessary to supply a replacement. While I suppose that you could in theory change in to focusing on a single robot to kick Sonic's ass, it seems that employment of this ineffective method has handicapped your ability to produce a quality product, in both the design stages and the means with which you have for production. Therefore Metal Sonic will always have problems even alone, and optimizing the design for mass production can only introduce more weaknesses.

And while a security system based on obstacles such as pits and lazers initially appears more effective, you seem to also be mentally handicapped in your inability to not leave a path for Sonic to run straight through your military base. While you may possess technical genius, you seem to lack any form of military strategy or planning.

In other words, common sense.

Best wishes,
BlueZero4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back