• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Slope Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Blur said:
I got smart idea!

Make a sector special that tilts the sector to either: 90 tilt or 45 tilt and make all sorts of changes to make loops and such.

It's not really smart.. if you knew the math, it doesn't make it any easier if you go in 45 degree increments.

Well, what I meant was tat you could do something like this.

Make a 45 degrees angle to start with, then change this angle side ways and make a corkscrew sector, this could be under sector specials to make floor over floor slopes. There could be up and down slopes, left or right slopes, and then diagonal slopes, like this:

Slope sector N or S 45 degrees
Slope sector corkscrew (FOF only)
Slope sector N or S 90 degrees

and so on and so forth

Maybe later a loop sector could be applied.

Hey, I've gotten hooked on this slope thing, but I know no C! I need a page to figure this out, does anyone have one? But beyond that, I have a new idea.(WOW) You would need to rotate the sprites so that it looks like your character is actually on a slope.

For any angle except the side angle, rotating wouldn't work. I would need to draw more.

How about a tube sector for FOF, that would make it easy for someone to make a space ship zone with glass tubes, or make a sewer with pipes. The tube would be altered slopes all together to make a round area.

Actually there is already a wad program that has a "tube" function, all you really gotta do to make it work is add the slope type to it.

I've seen a few Doom ports use a slope that is flat, and by making multiple sectors they make what looks like a curved slope.

In SRB2, this could be used in conjunction with some kind of script or invisible set of THINGS that the player will run on/over, and I don't even think it will need FOF's unless you want to stand on top of the loop.

So far, I have found that making ring circles in a Sonic Adventure type map and light dashing, you can make a psuedo-loop, which looks more effective with a texture that, from the sides, makes it look more like a curved loop.

I am still new to SRB2, but I have some minor experience with Doom, and I think Legacy should be able to do a slope effect that looks as good as the Doom port ZDoom.

Although after seeing ZDoom, some will think of how SRB2 would do on it, but I think Legacy is the choice for SRB2 because it has that nice chasecam... (plus all kinds of work has already been put into SRB2 using Legacy..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back