Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=129880

Gamestop is having a preorder bonus. If you preorder the game, you'll get a strap on Sonic hat!

Sonic_Colors-bonusLG.jpg

OMG, that hat sure took them years in the making, spent millions of yens and dollars hiring the best designers of the world in doing it.

I´m not a Sega hater, but it´s kinda cheap.

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/07/12/rocketwisp/
Part one of a busy week for Sonic news and lets get right on with it with a Sonic Colours update.We’ve already revealed several Wisps - you’ve already come across the common White Wisp, the Yellow or ‘Drill Wisp’ the Cyan/Turquoise or ‘Laser Wisp’ and there was also revealed the DS exclusive Red Wisp. I wonder what powers that mysterious flame-shaped Wisp might have – what a mystery(!)

It is time though to add another Colour to our Wisp menagerie now though, and this time the future is bright – the Wisp is Orange.
4785570857_57ed96cdb9_m.jpg

Ready to help Sonic put a stop to the diabolical plans of Dr. Eggman on both the Wii and DS version of the game, when Sonic absorbs the Orange Wisp’s power, he blasts into the air like a rocket in an explosion of colour, reaching unparalleled heights at staggering speed. Much like its Yellow cousin, with the Orange Wisp, Sonic is able to reach secret areas and hidden rings far beyond his normal reach! What secrets willyou find

4786202818_b571055627.jpg

Each new Wisp discovered in Sonic Colours gives the player a brand new way to play – hey you guys wanted multiple routes and hidden things, right! We’ll be back soon with more Wisp reveals.
OMG LIKE SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE DID IT FIRST WITH FLUDD YO

Well it looks pretty awesome. In other news in the bottom left corner an Egg Pawn has a Pick-Axe and at the bottom right of HUD there are 5 gray rings; more than likely for the red rings you can collect as shown in previous E3 videos.

Last edited:
To those who say that this game will be a hold right fest like Sonic 4 or Sonic Rush...Realize that hold right usually means "most of the game is holding right".
I'm a bit late here, I know.

I think holding right refers to a lack of other content in the game. It means the level is mostly slopes and loops, and not much jumping. I've never really thought any Sonic game was devoid of content in a similar manner. Even Rush had tricking for moments of hang-time in mid-air to keep the player actively interacting.

And I take offense at saying that Mega Man is mostly holding right (or left). The main gameplay is based on avoiding enemy attacks and making attacks yourself when convenient. But this thread is about Sonic, not Zero, so I'll leave it at that.

So, uh, having never played or had any interest at all in Mario Galaxy, what's the same in this game?

OMG, that hat sure took them years in the making, spent millions of yens and dollars hiring the best designers of the world in doing it.
Sonic_Colors-bonusLG.jpg

I´m not a Sega hater, but it´s kinda cheap.
I've been looking for something similar to that. Yes, I'd actually wear it in public.
The pre-order hat looks like a joke. I'd rather wear something like this:

Sonic_Face_Blue_Hat1.jpg
And this is the closest thing I found.

Excuse me, heading to Gamestop.

Of course there were aliens. The penguins, the robots, and even the round, plump Goombas. Hell, aliens were everywhere.

I think bowser just put those enemies all over the places, so those are no aliens.

Actually, there was aliens in Super Mario Galaxy. Those star guys were aliens...I think.

those are just stars what looks so smooth and got eyes, it's like starman without it's invincibility effect.

"For this title in particular, the team is confident that this is a game everybody can really enjoy. That's why we've offered a lot of hands-on for E3, and on this occasion as well. It's something that the team is really confident from the gameplay side. It's something that, this time, the team thinks they've nailed it - it's definitely not going through the Sonic cycle!" - producer Takashi Iizuka

Sonic Cycle is over?
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=132124

He's paid to say stuff like that, and it's not like he could say "to be honest, this game sucks" and expect to hold his job.

I'm a bit concerned that the Wisps will overshadow any emphasis on unique stage gimmicks, but other than that I can't complain or worry about the Wii version of this game.

Last edited:
The box art isn't that bad.

This game is hyping me too much. AND there haven't been signs of any bad gimmick that is going to pop up in the game. Day 1 Preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back