Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAlted

What in the hell?
No Joke

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (May 26th, 2010) SEGA ® Europe Ltd. & SEGA ® America, Inc. today announced Sonic ™ Colours, the new high-speed adventure of our famous hero Sonic the Hedgehog. Struggling with saving a colorful alien race fall into the clutches of Dr. Eggman, Sonic will face many obstacles along an inspired sci-fi themed amusement park. Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.

A unique playground has been seen orbiting the planet of Sonic the Hedgehog. Some rumors speak of an alien race called wisps, with a rare colored energy, which is now imprisoned here, by the evil Dr. Eggman. Sonic, once arrived on the planet's entertainment, you can use immediately made aware of this rare power to help colored wisps in the escape! The Wii version of Sonic Colours combines both 2D and 3D gaming perspective, while the Nintendo DS version takes advantage of the characteristics of the double-screen console.

"The lively alien universe of Sonic Colours allows players to race at breakneck speed along amazing planets, each with its peculiarities and unique visual style." Comment on Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing SEGA. "In addition to classic Sonic gameplay, new power-wisps, they offer an innovative way to explore these new worlds and help Sonic to run faster than ever!"

The new Sonic hedgehog Colours see our dear speeding, jumping off himself among enemies like never before in a Sonic game. The aliens WISPs are able to free their "Colour Power" that can be absorbed by Sonic drilling to create new roads, for example, the ground (via the Yellow Drill), or go through the whole internship at supersonic speed (thanks to Cyan Laser). Combining the different available energies can further increase the speed of Sonic and his abilities beyond imagination. Lots of power ups and exclusive versions will be available for Wii and Nintendo DS for a brand new super-fast gameplay of Sonic for fans around the world.

Sonic Colours will be available on Wii ™ and Nintendo DS ™ at the end of 2010.
Sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Geez, I thought this was another Paint game, like Mario Paint or Tails and the Music Maker. The trailer didn't help either. At least that quote proved otherwise. And 2D and 3D gameplay sounds like Sonic Unleashed again. I'll just wait for more trailers.

Yeah it really does sound like Unleashed, which I honestly don't mind since Unleashed was fun. Maybe they're actually taking what worked (sorta) and trying to improve upon it? I hope that's the case. Though, watch it be another half-assed on-rails game like Secret Rings and The Black Knight. *sigh*

Sonic Colors, no reading required

But really, this looks like an attempt to add suit-based gameplay to that same old StH360 cheese in the hopes of grabbing some of that SMG magic.

4640469436_708c23f35c.jpg

Well, now we know what happens when you get a Game Over in that Tortured Planet wad. Eggman opens an alien carnival.

Oh wow, I literally fell off my chair laughing when I saw that!

Anyways, I'll just keep quiet until I get more details. However, I'm not really looking forward to any game right now, so I don't really have an opinion on this either.

That is what I said about Sonic R.
"Seriously? Sonic R? What is next Sonic R2 or Sonic T?"
And the same could be said about SRB2.
Who uses "robo" anymore?

The only veterans there seems to be currently is Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. That's a good start, but we all know better by now then to get our hopes up.

2cymrdj.jpg

Yay, reactions by the classic fans.

Looks interesting. The trailer reminded me of Sonic Heroes for some reason.
Edit: I also thought it was going to be Mario Paint like or Crayola Adventures.

Last edited:
I hope that Colors is just a development name, because it sounds incredibly kiddish to me.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to see more substantial footage before I can make a solid conclusion. I'm very "eh" about it right now.

I totally agree, it sounds really stupid.

Its probably going to stay. Almost all Sonic games(Needlemouse doesn't count) keep their names.

Does anyone think that they're going to recolor Sonic for powers? Red Power thing = Red Sonic, Blue = etc.

@Auto: Probably so, I wonder what abilities these things will give Sonic...

I hope it isn't "ZOMG BOOST POWERZ" and not something that launches sonic at mach 3 in a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back