[MP Level] Dynamite Headdy: Puppet Town

Sharb

attachment.php

I spent around a week working on re-imagining Dynamite Headdy's game into a track in SRB2Kart,

it's a small 4 lap track that takes you through 3 locations from the game. True to the original game it can be pretty difficult if you're not careful.

I recommend playing this with my Headdy addon here

Have fun!

Attachments

• kart0042.png
    kart0042.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 454
  • kart0043.png
    kart0043.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 478
  • kart0044.png
    kart0044.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 452
  • kart0045.png
    kart0045.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 430
  • kart0046.png
    kart0046.png
    75 KB · Views: 5,169
  • KR_PuppetTown-V1.pk3
    4.1 MB · Views: 553
  • KR_PuppetTownV2_1.pk3
    6.2 MB · Views: 416
Last edited:
This is such a great idea for a level; really makes me wish I played Kart more often!

As someone who speedruns Dynamite Headdy once in a while I'm happy to see this o w o
that's a sweet tribute. I especially enjoy the custom texturework and DH references here and there. I'd love to see a DH cup in a day, I would help mapping for that.

Thought it feels like it lacks DH-related animated stuff. Like...
unknown.png
on this random screen all of those are animated. While your map only has the chao audiance a random SRB2 crawler D:
unknown.png

unknown.png
even adding some dropping toys in the inside portion could make it feels more lively.

I believe these animated objects will require a bit of coding (unless you do animated textures), but if they're just purely simple decorative objects someone could easily make them for you within minutes.

kart0002.png

these two bois should be more visible definitely. Right here you only see the bop of their head, plus they're only visible when you race backwards

Looking forward for your updates on this one tho c:

I really did want to add more details but I had trouble finding any good resources online and I don't really have the skills for sprite ripping the game, if I ever get a good way of getting my hands on the games assets and animations I'll definitely come back to this.

Noticed an issue where at the part where you enter the inside there's some z-fighting:
On the outside:
oXxVS8m

On the inside (this one flashes a lot in game):
QMig9hI

Probably caused by playing in opengl, but I assume it can be fixed with a map edit or something. then again, I might just be a noob who doesn't know how any of this works

edit: images aren't displaying (at least for me) so here's the direct image links
outside: https://imgur.com/oXxVS8m
inside: https://imgur.com/QMig9hI

Last edited:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/dynahead/
I believe this is your best bet for sprites. Spriters resource is probably the most useful website for video games sprites in general, from my experience

Besides how did you get the DH textures? Pretty sure it's harder to find textures than sprites, especially for a non 3D game.
I did use spriters resource, the problem is they only have enemies and not environments.

And I got the resources from pixel perfect screenshots I found online, I touched them up and added them in, unfortunately there wasn't enough I could gather where I could keep the environment variety in so I had to cut a lot of it to keep it from looking weird, even still you can kinda see it since I was only really able to make 2 building facades

I love this map! The colors are vibrant and the pacing is just right. Well done!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back