Problem with electrical barriers

Metafrost2

Here's what I wanted to ask: how do I make an electric barrier work? I almost finished one level of battle with Metal Sonic, and I wanted to make the platform look like the one in the original battle. This platform is made so that it seems to be attached by rods to the ceiling (this is the very bottom of the ship). So I tried to do it myself, using the control sector, but it doesn't work.

How best to make these barriers? I forgot to say that this platform is in the air, because it hangs on these rods.

srb20058.png

Last edited:
For the texture, you can raise up a midtexture using texture offsets.
For the damage, you could use a 1 or 2 fracunit wide area at the barriers where you combine your platform FOF with an Invisible, Intangible FOF with the Damage (Electrical) sector effect on the control sector.
Also, you can't link an image using a local file path. You either need to use an image hosting site (like imgBB, which supports linking using BBCode), or put the picture into the attachments and put the attachment into the post.

Last edited:
For the texture, you can raise up a midtexture using texture offsets.
For the damage, you could use a 1 or 2 fracunit wide area at the barriers where you combine your platform FOF with an Invisible, Intangible FOF with the Damage (Electrical) sector effect on the control sector.
Also, you can't link an image using a local file path. You either need to use an image hosting site (like imgBB, which supports linking using BBCode), or put the picture into the attachments and put the attachment into the post.

By the way, here is the platform where you need to install barriers.

srb20058.png
[/url][/IMG]

Additionally, if your barrier is too thin, players can pass through it!
So it's actually recommended to have the barrier be atleast 32 fracunits on each side.
In fact, this actually still can happen in BCZ2 if you spindash near the electric barrier!
Just do something like in my linked example WAD (that BTW replaced MAP01).
Example WAD

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back