Do emblems and unlockables reset when you update SRB2

GD Blue

I am pretty new to SRB2 and this is the first time I have updated it. The thing is though when I went back into the game I noticed that although my saves were still intact, 3 of them were broken. I then figured out I had lost all 56 of my emblems as well as unlocked stages and characters. Is this supposed to happen? I might have missed something in the wiki.

Uh not really though... I've been playing this since 2.2.0 the first version and still have my progress since today

Actually, when there's a major update, like the 2.1 to 2.2 update, you would start over. Also, with mods, if they do a major update which includes renaming the day file for it, then yes, that too would reset your progress. But minor updates, like the 2.2.x series, don't reset progress.

Actually, when there's a major update, like the 2.1 to 2.2 update, you would start over. Also, with mods, if they do a major update which includes renaming the day file for it, then yes, that too would reset your progress. But minor updates, like the 2.2.x series, don't reset progress.
That’s the thing though. I updated from 2.2.6 and I already was on 2.2.4. Is it because I skipped the 2.2.5 update?

That’s the thing though. I updated from 2.2.6 and I already was on 2.2.4. Is it because I skipped the 2.2.5 update?

Hmm, I don’t think so. Like mentioned above, data only gets deleted in between major updates (like 2.1 to 2.2, or 2.2.0 to 2.2.1) so this is either a rare occurrence or a problem on your side of things. If not I seriously have no clue.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back